turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

UPDATE: Winchester/Browning camo finishes

Started by Yoder409, January 12, 2019, 09:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

This discussion was about a month ago........about sticky/tacky Browning/Wichester Dura Touch finishes:

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,85973.0.html

Well......................... 10 months and 1 week after my Super X3 arrived at Browning/Winchester Service, it came back through my door.

I have, basically a new (non-Dura Touch) gun all factory fresh and paid ZERO to have it done.  Time frame sucked.  Price tag was tolerable.

But I don't like being lied to...............

As I tracked my service order, I realized the entire gun was going to be re-camo'ed.  So I called B/W Service and asked the gentleman if (since my SX3 is a Waterfowl model and I'd rather have a turkey camo pattern) they could do my gun in Mossy Oak Bottomland.  He said they couldn't because when they undertook this re-furb project on, they decided to keep the guns all original..........."to preserve their collector's value".  Now, I ain't no rocket scientist except Monday thru Friday.........but SX3's ain't gonna have any "collector's value" for the next 100 years.  But, whatever.........

So my gun arrives this week.  It's now Mossy Oak Blades.  It was Mossy Oak Wetlands when it left here.  So much for preserving the "collector's value", huh ????

I've half a notion to call the folks at B/W Service and ask them WTH ???????
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

2eagles

I replied to that first go round that I had two Browning's that the Duratouch went sticky. The wait stunk, but you should probably just move on and go hunting with your "new" gun.

treein dixie

They blasted the browning I sent back re coated the outside and sent it back to me.  They failed to touch the inside after blasting.  So it was bare metal that had already started rusting when I got it back so it had to go back again. 

jrinny

After hearing the time frame it was taking to take care of the dura touch issues- I decided just to pay to have it done. I had it done when Tarjac had a 40 percent off a pattern I liked and they charged an extra $25 to remove all the dura touch. I had it back in 4 weeks fora total of $136. Looks like new and didn't worry about when it would be done

treein dixie

One of mine took them 20 months before i Got it back

Yoder409

Quote from: treein dixie on January 13, 2019, 08:04:32 PM
One of mine took them 20 months before i Got it back

Good LORD !!!!!!!!!!!

I feel fortunate, now................   Hope you didn't really NEED the gun.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.