OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DSD decoy Decision (Round 2)

Started by bdirks, January 12, 2019, 07:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdirks

A while ago I posted the question of which DSD Strutter, white faced or red head. After that conversation I was ready to pull the trigger on a white faced Strutter. Then DSD announced the Jake Strutter and I postponed my purchase. A little back story, on 3 different occassions I have used my buddy's Pretty Boy with a Jake tail and have had great results. I am one of those people that 1.) likes to use their own stuff, if for any reason just in case something bad should happen, and 2.) I just want a full set to go along with my decoy whoring ways. I have a DSD Jake, Submissive Hen, (2) Feeders and a Upright Hen for late season when things green up.

Which would you get, the White-faced killer or the Jake Strutter.

Also, to those of you who will post up about how these are all a waste and no decoy is needed or you are happy with your Featherflex or whatever, happy hunting, safe travels and good luck this Spring season.

Thanks!
Brian

Gobble!

Jake because it has wings. I have a DIY white faced DSD strutter I would sell if your looking to save a few bucks.

Jrkimbrough

Quote from: Gobble! on January 12, 2019, 08:03:01 PM
Jake because it has wings. I have a DIY white faced DSD strutter I would sell if your looking to save a few bucks.

Sent you a pm

fallhnt

Buy all three

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

MK M GOBL

Well this will be my 20th year hunting with the "White Headed" strutter I developed/designed. With that said I can tell you he is a killer!! When I seen the new DSD strutter in a smaller size, something I've been wanting, I already sold my DSD Stutter. I will turn the "Jake" into a Gobbler and "White Headed" as a smaller gobbler decoy.
Going to be a killer and easier to haul around.

He's Dead using the White Head!!

MK M GOBL

bdirks

Thanks MK M. I always appreciate your opinion.

Brian

MK M GOBL

Quote from: bdirks on January 13, 2019, 01:37:56 AM
Thanks MK M. I always appreciate your opinion.

Brian

Your welcome, ever get any questions let me know.

MK M GOBL