OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best turkey hunting product you ever bought?

Started by Tail Feathers, January 09, 2019, 06:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger

Seems too easy... Thermacell. 100% Deet started eating through the steering wheel of my truck years ago, now I'd forget my shotgun before the Thermacell.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

turkey_picker

Fat Boy Cushion - lets me sit longer
GPS - gets me to where I need to be
EOTech - helps my eyes get on target

SCGobbler

Thermacell hands down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

grayfox

Red dot for my shotgun followed by Permethrin & Thermcell.

wchadw

i'm going to go with Thermacell too.  Mississippi in the spring the skeeters are unbearable.  They just swarm around your head and fly in your ears.

Second choice would be my fat boy cushion in conjunction with my tenzig pack with lounger legs.  i took the tenzig seat off and strapped on the fat boy.  like sitting in a recliner at home.

vaplowboy

RUN-N-GUN

Wet wipes or those viva paper towels. It's like magnum toilet paper. And a thermacell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notsoyoungturk

A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Harty

X 3 goobler lounger chair. Can sit comfortably and still so much longer

Jeffwhitecustomcalls

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on January 09, 2019, 07:35:35 PM
Gobbler lounger type seat. Mine came from Cabelas.
X2

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Takeaim1st

Without any reservation or second thoughts a book written by Mr. Michael Hanback, published in 1995.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Takeaim1st on January 21, 2019, 01:52:20 PM
Without any reservation or second thoughts a book written by Mr. Michael Hanback, published in 1995.
Is that Spring Gobbler Fever? I have it and it is a great book. He also wrote Avanced Turkey hunting as well as several deer and upland game books.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Takeaim1st

Yes, That is the book. I have also read the advanced tactics edition. In my humble experience, reading those books changed me from an occasional turkey harvester to a more successful  turkey hunter not only in numbers taken but, the quality of  the experience and the appreciation for the Wild Turkey.

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Drthorn