OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best turkey hunting product you ever bought?

Started by Tail Feathers, January 09, 2019, 06:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

Quote from: SinGin on January 09, 2019, 09:18:45 PM
That's a toss up between my cough silencer, squealing hen,or my therma cell. I'll go with the therma cell
I have an extra cough silencer If you need it. I got it as a gift and it's never been used. Sorry this just made me laugh!!!!!!
I would also say a lounger Gobbler chair.

Spurs

Dropped slate calls, box calls, and locators...seriously.  My success rate went up dramatically when I quite lugging useless items with me.  I now carry strictly essential items.

Must haves:
6 mouth calls (2 ghost cut, 2 V cut, and 2 modified v) Mainly use ghost cut
Thermacell
Compass
TopoMaps and GAIA Pro app

For me, mobility is key. 
This year is going to suck!!!

Sir-diealot

The seat I sit on in my blind. One of those square cooler seats with padded seat and a backrest. I used to be close to 500 lbs. and the thing has never given me any problems at all, is very comfortable and is the best seat I have sat on for deer and turkey hunting as well as for fishing or just going places. My tailbone is very sensitive since my car accident and I had to stop going to picnics and 4th of July celebrations because picnic benches would just kill me but I can go to things now that I have this chair. Best 60 bucks I ever spent.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Boykin Hollow

Haint Gobbler call-  won't leave home WITH it !!! LOL

sierra6

My 10x Turkey Vest.  I've had it over 25 years and it's still going strong.  I've bought 3 vests thinking I'd replace it, but I keep going back to the old 10x.   A close second would be my Lynch World Champion box call.  It's over 30 years old and I literally have used it every single day I've been in the turkey woods since......on second thought maybe that's the best, I'm not sure it could ever be replaced!
"When the Turkeys ain't gobblin, it's tough to make em stop!"

Tail Feathers

For some stone-cold turkey killers, y'all have fallen for every dumb gimmick ever sold to gullible hunters! :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bdirks

The three big ones have been my Redhead strap vest, gobbler lounger and thermacell. All have allowed me to get in the field and stay in the field.

Devastator

Running HOOK'S mouth calls have been my best investment!!

Boykin Hollow

X2 on the Hooks mouth calls and I actually made my money back on the Haint gobbler call when I sold it on Ebay !!!!

The Southpaw

I would have to say
1. TSS
2. OnX Maps
3. A good pair of hiking boots.

zsully

Ez kut ratcheting pruners would probably be my most used/ valuable piece of equipment other then the calls and gun.

TauntoHawk

1. Find a mouth call that works for you even if you try 50+ Halloran, houndstooth, and hooks have suited me best

2. OnX game changer for both in and out of state hunts

3. Reddot I wouldn't shoot a turkey gun without one on. Vastly prefer reflex style like fast fire over the double lense tube style.

4. A good pair of boots that let you hammer out the miles, I average 4-5 miles a morning on public land

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GobbleNut

The best turkey hunting product I have ever found?
I could tell ya',.......but then I would have to shoot ya'....   ;D :toothy9: :toothy12:

fordhunt

magicman