OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Jeb’s chokes  (Read 4448 times)

Offline bsp212

Jeb’s chokes
« on: January 08, 2019, 10:28:29 PM »
Ported or non ported? Is there a difference in patterns? This may be like beating a dead horse, but I’m new here and the search function didn’t turn up anything helpful for me.

Offline Gobbler428

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Spurs Up
Re: Jeb’s chokes
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 03:40:27 PM »
I ran a non ported JEBS on a BPS with a 26" barrel for 10+ years and last year bought a SBE2 with a 26" barrel and put a ported JEBS 655 on it, both of them threw great patterns. Since I had them on two different guns, it makes it very difficult' if not impossible to compare the two.  I would suggest that you call JEBS, tell them what you have and ask their opinion on this.  They are really great guys to deal with and I am sure will give you an honest answer. They know their chokes and how they perform on various guns, barrel lengths etc.

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 03:48:12 PM »
What shell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline bsp212

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:01:16 PM »
I ran a non ported JEBS on a BPS with a 26" barrel for 10+ years and last year bought a SBE2 with a 26" barrel and put a ported JEBS 655 on it, both of them threw great patterns. Since I had them on two different guns, it makes it very difficult' if not impossible to compare the two.  I would suggest that you call JEBS, tell them what you have and ask their opinion on this.  They are really great guys to deal with and I am sure will give you an honest answer. They know their chokes and how they perform on various guns, barrel lengths etc.

Thanks for the advice. I really never thought about calling, just kinda figured they would be too busy for stuff like that.

Offline bsp212

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 07:05:56 PM »
What shell?

I’m not dead set on anything yet. I’m going to buy a few boxes of several and go pattern them soon. Just thought I would get another choke first. Something a little tighter than the RR since I’m running a 18.5” barrel. I haven’t had any experience with ported chokes so I really don’t know the difference. If it’s for recoil reduction, i doubt it makes a difference.

Offline Gobbler428

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Spurs Up
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 07:28:11 PM »
Give them a call, they will be glad to help you. I've spoken with them several times and they are very helpful.

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 10:03:10 PM »
What shell?

I’m not dead set on anything yet. I’m going to buy a few boxes of several and go pattern them soon. Just thought I would get another choke first. Something a little tighter than the RR since I’m running a 18.5” barrel. I haven’t had any experience with ported chokes so I really don’t know the difference. If it’s for recoil reduction, i doubt it makes a difference.
  Not sure how tight you're lookin for but I have a Rob Roberts .640 if you might be interested.