OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Domination  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
Domination
« on: January 07, 2019, 11:33:29 PM »
Who saw that coming....

Clemson is young too. Aside from their d-line they are going to have a pile of play makers back next year. Look out. Don't remember the last time I saw Bama out classed at every level.

Offline ccleroy

• Longbeard
    • Spring Allure Custom Calls
Re: Domination
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 11:35:45 PM »
I’m loving it, absolutely loving watching Bama getting crushed!!!

Offline Nidanation

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 11:35:51 PM »
I’m in shock truly. Wanted Clemson to win purely just for someone else win but I did not see this coming.
Been practicing my calls as well already pumped up for spring gobbler season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 06:19:09 AM »
I thought Clemson stood a good chance last night before the game. Didn't think it would be as one sided as it was though.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline idratherb

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 07:35:44 AM »
Enjoyed that thoroughly, that quarter back looks awful special.. :z-winnersmiley:

Offline ccleroy

• Longbeard
    • Spring Allure Custom Calls
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 07:37:42 AM »

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 08:46:35 AM »
I saw it coming.   Wasn't at all surprised.  What surprised me is they got past Georgia.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 12:07:10 AM »

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 12:08:26 AM »
I saw it coming.   Wasn't at all surprised.  What surprised me is they got past Georgia.
Not me. UGA is overrated.

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 08:55:37 PM »
I thought it would be close, but not a beating like that. Was very happy with the outcome though

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 08:25:47 AM »
Right now, it is Alabama/Clemson and then all the rest.  It's a two-horse race and looks to stay that way.  Personally, I just hope the play-off goes to an eight-team format in the near future.  Could a "hot" team at the end of the season,...Texas, Ohio State, Florida, as examples...sneak in and win it all?  With the current format, there is no way to know for sure...

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 10:32:07 AM »
Right now, it is Alabama/Clemson and then all the rest.  It's a two-horse race and looks to stay that way.  Personally, I just hope the play-off goes to an eight-team format in the near future.  Could a "hot" team at the end of the season,...Texas, Ohio State, Florida, as examples...sneak in and win it all?  With the current format, there is no way to know for sure...

I think four teams are enough and have proved to be this year and previous years.

The top eight after the conference championships were Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, and UCF.

Georgia had their chance in their conference championship. Michigan had their chance against Ohio State the end of November, they win that game and win the Big10 they are in. Both teams already had losses then lost when it mattered the most. Stay home.

Oklahoma used their conference championship to avenge their only loss on the season. Well done Oklahoma.

Ohio State fell asleep towards the end of the season and lost to a unranked team by 4 touchdowns. You can't do that and expect to make the playoff with Oklahoma sitting there with 1 loss, that they avenged against a strong Texas team, and three solid unbeaten teams.

Last is UCF and fact is your not going to win the AAC and make it into the playoff without a strong out of conference schedule, you just aren't. 

Behind Michigan and UCF were Washington, Florida, and LSU. Washington just won the PAC12 championship. Florida and LSU both sat at three losses. Each teams three losses were against teams ranked in the top 25 at that time. Each team also had wins against two teams ranked in the top 25 at that time.

Could an argument have been made to put any of those three teams into the playoff over Michigan or UFC? After the bowl games I think its clear an argument could have been made to put Florida ahead of Michigan and LSU ahead of UCF to make the 8 team playoff as they beat those teams in bowl games(FL 41 - MI 15)(LSU 40 - UCF 32). But if that would have happened Michigan and UCF fans would have lost their minds.

No matter how many teams you put in someone is always going to say team x should have been given a chance.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:47:20 AM by Gobble! »