turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

M2 Choke

Started by Bottomland, January 07, 2019, 08:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland

Ive got a M2 with 24'' barrel and was wondering what y'all are seeing out of it.  I think I have narrowed it down to a couple of choke choices.  Haven't bought anything yet so I wanted to see what y'all suggest.  The forcing cone is getting lengthened by Rob and ill be running a FF3.

Ammo: APEX #9

Choke Choices:

Indian creek .555
Sumtoy .562
Rob Roberts .570

What do yall recommend?  Would like to buy just one.  Im a big fan of rob Roberts chokes but haven't seen any info on testing.

Post some pics if you got them or numbers you have shot.

ltprod

I have all 3 for the m2 20
I shoot tss and fed hw 7
All 3 make gobblers DEAD!!!!
No wrong purchase here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bottomland

What is the most consistent and best looking pattern that you are seeing?

ltprod

Indian creek is the tightest but the other two are more uniform
But not much difference between the 3

Jrkimbrough

Ive been using a .570 rob roberts on my Benelli Montefeltro but just got a Sumtoy .562 to try out in a week or two. The .570 gives an excellent 40 yard hunting pattern with the #9 Apex but just wanting to see if I can tighten the pattern up just slightly.

PALongspur

Of the 3 you mentioned, I've only tried Rob's. It's very consistent and not overly right at 40 yards. This is exactly what I like in a choke.

kwild835

I have 24" M2, tried about all choke sizes made for it.
.555 Indian Creek will do 300 plus all day.
.562 will do around 300 with a little bit more forgiveness.
I like the Indian Creeks because they are the most consistent gun to gun.

About any choke .555 to a full choke with tss will get you a pattern that will kill way past what we should be shooting at turkeys.
I would skip the forcing cone work.  Use that money for more shells.

Bottomland

Has anyone tried maybe a custom .560 from Indian creek?  I think you can request "custom" constrictions beside their standard .555.  Just an idea I guess if you want to open the pattern a little but still get the consistency that everyone talks about.

I did get a base from Sumtoy and works perfect for the FF3.  Very pleased.

Any opinions or whether or not I should have the forcing cone done?

sasquatch1

Ive Indian creek .555 and Carlson .555 they both shot good but the Indian creek shredded the wad to pieces which I didn't like.

I sold the Indian creek! Dnt spend extra money.

SumToy

Quote from: Bottomland on January 08, 2019, 06:22:44 PM
Has anyone tried maybe a custom .560 from Indian creek?  I think you can request "custom" constrictions beside their standard .555.  Just an idea I guess if you want to open the pattern a little but still get the consistency that everyone talks about.

I did get a base from Sumtoy and works perfect for the FF3.  Very pleased.

Any opinions or whether or not I should have the forcing cone done?

save your money on the forcing cone.   buy good choke and some shells   :z-twocents:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA