OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unicoi 2019 Round Table Discussion

Started by Austy, January 05, 2019, 07:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

Hey Mark, I was wondering if you would comment briefly on what the topic is going to be for this years Round Table Discussion at Unicoi???  Last year was on suction/air operated calls covering trumpets, wing bone, Jordan Yelpers and the likes.  The year before that was on Box Calls.

Unfortunately I will be unable to make it this year but I will be there in spirit.  I ask Mike Lapp or Tony Ezolt "EZ" to pick me up a copy of the DVD from last years Round Table discussion so please hold one for them for me, Thanks.

For those of you who are headed to Unicoi this year, maybe for the first time like it was for me last year, I would strongly suggest that you attend some or as many of the many different seminars that usually happen at different times during the two days of this awesome event.  So look for those signs that tell you what the seminars are on, what time and where they will be held in the building and don't be afraid to inquire about them.  The Round Table Discussion is usually at the end of the day Friday once everything wraps up on the floor so you won't miss anything and in my opinion more than worth your time to attend.  The round table and other seminars are a wealth of information on the history of the calls being discussed from some of the best call makers and historians for the specific calls being discussed.  These seminars can be very informative and the folks putting them on are more than willing to answer questions that you may have.

Have a safe trip to and from everyone and enjoy.

Austy

KentuckyHeadhunter

Sorry you won't be able to make it Austy.  It was nice meeting you there last year.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Pooh4459

I didn't know they did this should be cool.

Austy

That's why I thought that I would mention it so those new folks have an idea of some of the other things that are going on.  I really enjoyed every seminar and the round table discussion that I went to last year, they were all very informative in their own ways.  I left that show with not only less money in my wallet (LOL) but also with some additional knowledge and friendships.  Couldn't ask for anything more.

Austy

ol bob

Austy I think  its on pot calls this year sorry to hear your not going to make it this year  I don't have a table this year but going down Fri. to say hello to everyone was looking forward to meeting you again

BMAC_Turkeys

Hold up.  You can get a dvd copy of previous years seminars???  From Mark?

ol bob

He don't have the dvd ready until the next year.

M Sharpe

Thanks Austy! It was great meeting you last year and thanks for a super call!
The discussion will be on pot calls and why everyone loves them so much. The roundtable discussion will take place after the buffet supper on Friday night. Probably about 8 pm. I will have some Dad's of the box call discussion;and, if I can get my wife on the ball, some from the air operated discussion. You can thank Andrew Garrett for this idea. He is the one that came up with this idea. Next year it will be scratch boxes, tube calls and those type of specialty calls.
Looking forward to seeing a lot of you guys next weekend. Doors open at 9am and close at 5pm. Admission is free!
I will also have some name badges there if anyone is looking for those. They will be on the table up by the welcome sign!

Mark
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Greg Massey

Looking forward to seeing everyone , this will be my first time .. it's been on my bucket list ...

Spitten and drummen

I am soooo depressed that im missing it this year. I love going. Hope you guys have fun.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Roanoke River Rambler

Austy, I thought that the seminar was one of the highlights of my trip to Unicoi last year.
Other than having an opportunity to finally meet you in person. Sorry that you will not be
But I'm sure that PA will be well represented. Thanks again for the birthday present!