OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 10 gauge question for the guys that are shooting nitros!  (Read 2049 times)

Offline Houndstooth Game Calls

• The Boss Gobbler
10 gauge question for the guys that are shooting nitros!
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
Are the nitros shooting true to your point of aim with the bead without scopes or sighting devices ? I use to shoot them in my 12ga and I was told they changed the load and it was evident the pattern didnt shoot true to the point of aim meaning I would have to put a scope on. I am not against scopes but I am looking to buy NEF 10ga and just wondering how true they shoot with the Nitros!
Thanks
Lyle

Offline Hognutz

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Life Member N.R.A. Global Flatulator
Re: 10 gauge question for the guys that are shooting nitros!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »
I don't think you can answer that question over the phone. Every gun/choke combo can and will shoot different. You will need to buy the gun and go trial and error and see what works..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Offline gobbler74

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Warbird Turkey Calls
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:20:27 PM »
I don't think you can answer that question over the phone. Every gun/choke combo can and will shoot different. You will need to buy the gun and go trial and error and see what works..Mike

When Ive switched from other lead and hevi loads to nitros I have seen pattern changes to a higher poi holding at the same zero as was my original load..but as mentioned you will have to determine your guns character
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Offline Hognutz

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Life Member N.R.A. Global Flatulator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 12:40:50 PM »
That is consistant with most I've seen. The hotter the load/the heavier the bullet, the higher they shoot. Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.