OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 935

Started by kyturkeyhunter4, January 05, 2019, 12:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

Wife just bought me a new Mossberg 935 in Mossy Oak Bottomland I was wondering what Choke and load you guys would recommend.

Happy

Would suspect that it isn't much different than the 835. Looks like the barrels are almost identical. That being the case I would say something in the .675-.680 range.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dirt road ninja

For Hevi  6's or 7's I like an IC .675. Never could get Magblends to do great, but the JH 690 and SD .676 did the best. With my hand loads (TSS) I run the factory flush .710. For lead, 675-680 with the kicks GT having a good rep with lead loads.

Ranger

Mossbergs do well with Indian Creek .675 as already mentioned and Sumtoy also in .675. And to be honest, in the choke world right now it's those two and then everybody else.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

notsure

When I owned one, I had good luck with an Indian Creek choke combined with Winchester XR #5 shot.

wade

Mine is the turkey model and the extra full tube that came with the gun does better than any I've tried. I shoot 3.5" Longbeard XR #5.
Do it outdoors

vagobbler67

do you plan on shooting lead shells or TSS???? if you are gonna shoot lead shot (Winchester longbeards XR's) it's hard to beat the Carlson's longbeard XR turkey choke designed for that shell......If you are gonna shoot the Federal TSS shell then I would suggest the Indian Creek .675......I shot the Federal TSS a few weeks ago thru my Mossberg 935 with the Indian Creek .675 at 40yds ......3.5" 2 1/4oz #9 and I was blown away!!!!! 424 in a 10" circle......crazy

kyturkeyhunter4

Thanks for all the info guys I appericate it