OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Game cameras

Started by SinGin, December 29, 2018, 08:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

So many choices and options, what are y'all using that works good for you? Or which ones are pretty junkie?

turkeymanjim

I have 10 browning cameras, I will use nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I have mostly all Stealth cam... good pictures and very user friendly ....

MK M GOBL

Reconyx! Awesome camera

MK M GOBL

buzzardroost

Covert. 2 year warranty and customer service is in Kentucky, not India.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

I'm running moltree because I can get a good deal on them.  I have a friend who uses some of the $30 tasco from Walmart and it's impressive how well they do for $30.  Next time I buy I'm going to give them a try.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tail Feathers

Two Moultrie 888i cameras and one Browning.  I like the Browning best.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

turkaholic

I have several Browning ,and have been pleased.
live to hunt hunt to live

Bowguy

I'm not a game camera guy but I found one that works pretty good. It's by a company called binoculars!!
To each his own.

Devastator

I have had great luck with browning strikeforces.

dirtnap

I have been using the Browning Strike Force cameras for several years and have been pleased.  I have run moultrie and primos in the past.  I have had 2 stolen in the last couple years and that will hurt your feelings.  I only have 2 left.

Fullfan

Stay away from the Cuddebacks, they were a great camera years ago but junk now. The Reconyx are expensive. I'm  running 16 Bushnell trophy cams, some are 4-5 years old. Take 8 AA batteries and I can get a year on them. I hear good things about the newer Browning's, but have yet to buy any. If you pay attention the Bushnell and Browning's can be bought for less than 100.00.
Don't gobble at me...

tracker#1

Use a website called trailcampro.com  They test every camera on the market. I use them for reference all the time and they have a great staff answering any question. They sell cameras also, didn't before. I use Browning mostly, Spy point (high rating) solar also. They rate just under the Reconx for a third of the price. I have a issue hanging a $600 camera out there. I also spend another $40 for security box and python cable for each camera. I can sleep better. I work in a sporting retail store. Most of the cameras I sell are replacements for one's stolen because people just strap their cameras to the tree with the cloth strap provided. Dumb, in my opinion. Metal security boxes also keep your camera out of the harsh environment making your camera last longer and from "critters" chewing on them. I lag bolt my boxes to the tree also, using a cordless drill. Cameras with "viewing" screens are nice, you'll pay more. You can "see" where you are aiming camera. Use plastic door stops, not "sticks", to adjust your angles before you lag box to tree. Place camera with the rising sun to it's back for better pictures. Remove, trim, foliage in front that wind can move or you will get a thousand "pics" of blowing branches. Buy the Browning strike force HD pro, with viewing screen, you'll be happy you did.....

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Fullfan on December 30, 2018, 10:05:06 AM
Stay away from the Cuddebacks, they were a great camera years ago but junk now. The Reconyx are expensive. I'm  running 16 Bushnell trophy cams, some are 4-5 years old. Take 8 AA batteries and I can get a year on them. I hear good things about the newer Browning's, but have yet to buy any. If you pay attention the Bushnell and Browning's can be bought for less than 100.00.

AGREED!! Fullfan The old Cuddebacks were awesome!!

I still have C-3000's that have been working since 2003 YES that's 15 years and counting, they ran $399.99 back then and I was told I was nuts for spending that on a camera... ($400 divide by 15years = $27 a camera and they are getting cheaper by the year) I have buddies who have spent $100-$200 and have cameras die in 1-3 years and had to replace. If Cudde was still making those quality cameras I'd be buying them, but the camera price wars have done there damage to quality.. Step in Recoynx.

I have no problem spending the cash on high quality products, whether game camera, blind, decoys, binoculars or whatever it be I do my research and go from there. I am a definite quality vs cost guy and have seen the trade off in this... Been selling "Outdoor Hunting/Fishing Gear" for the past 25+ years.

MK M GOBL

HILBY72

Bushnell and Primo's, never had a problem with either