OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Update: They took it back for full store credit  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Gobblers_nightmare

• I like 'em close
Update: They took it back for full store credit
« on: December 28, 2018, 01:52:03 AM »
Update: They took it back for full store credit, better than taking a beating  on it.

After retirement last year I considered getting an Benelli SBE.  After research I decided to spend a bit of my windfall on other toys.
But my girlfriend remembers me talking about it, and she goes to the local gun store for Christmas.  She told them she wanted a Benelli for me, and my passion was turkey hunting.  They sold her an SBE 3 26" Max 5 camo.  Told her I could shoot anything that flies with it.  Well, yeah.  But I don't shoot flying turkey. 
I also don't hunt waterfowl.
The problems are I like a short barrel, as I have to go through some pretty thick stuff to get to my favored hunting grounds.  I like a pistol grip stock because of a bad shoulder.  I like a shotgun that shoots to point of aim., even though I use a FastFire 3.
I've read about these guns throwing a foot high with heavy loads, I don't know if the FastFire has that kind of adjustment at 40 yards.  And nothing I can do about the barrel and grip.
The store told her she only had 24 hours to return it, and she bought it a couple weeks before Christmas.  I know they'd want to rape me for a trade-in even though all I've done is look at it in the case (shoulder surgery, I'm not lifting any long gun for a couple of months).
I know, I've got a brand new SBE 3 I don't really want, poor little me.  ;D what a problem to have.
I could probably sell it on Gunbroker for not too much of a loss.  But I've also thought about adapting it.  Anybody ever have one of these barrels shortened?  Is that even viable?
What about camo pistol grip stocks for it?
And what about that throwing high bit?
As it sits it doesn't seem to be an optimal gun for me.
Info and suggestions appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 04:22:18 PM by Gobblers_nightmare »
Cluck-Gobble-BOOM!

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: Talk me into a Benelli SBE3
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 04:52:17 AM »
I’m no SBE expert but a foot high seems silly. If you use a red dot who cares anyway, you won’t even know. I’m sure dif barrels could be bought for it if not what exactly is 2” difference shorter gonna make?
Years ago there were no “short” guns. Not one turkey seemed to get away. You gotta be happy w it but I think you’re sweating nothing.
At the price of a new Benelli barrel there’s no way I’d personally worry bout it. Check into cutting it
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 05:01:11 AM by Bowguy »

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 05:04:26 AM »
Sorry, but I will not try to talk you into a Benelli as a turkey gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 08:41:52 AM »
Sounds like ya have yr mind made up. The only reason I can give you to keep it is not to take the loss on a new gun.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 09:07:21 AM »
They sell a pistol grip for the gun? If so buy one and dip it all in whatever you want. That's probably another $400 investment though. Would make for a sweet gun. Hard to believe they all shoot a foot off but I'm no Benelli guy.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: Update: They took it back for full store credit
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »
That’s good news for you

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: Update: They took it back for full store credit
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 07:44:52 PM »
Cool.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler