turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal TSS #7 vs #9

Started by sawtooth, December 27, 2018, 08:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawtooth

Guys I'm getting ready to try and order either one of these loads.  Should I be focusing on #7 or #9 loads?  Thanks

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

sawtooth

Ok so I've been shooting Federal heavyweight #7 for the past several years and have taken multiple turkeys with this load.  This is using a Benelli M2 plus SumToy.  Of these turkeys 3 were at 40-45 yards with a almost instant dispatch.  So do you feel the #9 TSS will be just as effective at 40 yds provided I can get the pattern density or better to the heavyweight 7's?

SKFOOTER

The TSS 9's will outshine the Heavyweight 7's every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Fullfan

Quote from: SKFOOTER on December 27, 2018, 02:45:21 PM
The TSS 9's will outshine the Heavyweight 7's every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

X2, there is no comparison between the two. 
Don't gobble at me...

SumToy

9s have been giving 100 to 120 more in the 10 inch then the HWT 7s so buy numbers it will kill the bird just as dead.  Now the TSS will hit harder then the other 2 but the numbers in the 10 will be lower then the other two also.   

I think you will be Happy with all 3 because if you do your job it will do its job and smiling pics will be posted up.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

SteelerFan

Quote from: SumToy on December 28, 2018, 09:02:37 AM
9s have been giving 100 to 120 more in the 10 inch then the HWT 7s so buy numbers it will kill the bird just as dead.  Now the TSS will hit harder then the other 2 but the numbers in the 10 will be lower then the other two also.   

I think you will be Happy with all 3 because if you do your job it will do its job and smiling pics will be posted up.

Hey Will, do you like the 9's out of the 562.5 (Rem youth) over the 7's?

dirt road ninja

9's way to go. 7's take up too much valuable hull space.

davisd9

9s if legal for you. They crush turkeys!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SteelerFan

BandedSpur

TSS 9s over 7s of any kind hands down.

SumToy

Quote from: SteelerFan on December 28, 2018, 07:24:16 PM
Quote from: SumToy on December 28, 2018, 09:02:37 AM

Hey Will, do you like the 9's out of the 562.5 (Rem youth) over the 7's?

should give you around 300 with the 9s.

Gobble!

Greg Massey

I agree , 9's are the way to go , but man they are a bitch if your shot is off and those little shot get in the breast meat ...hard on the teeth if you don't fine all those little 9's ....lol...........

jryser

Don't wanna be a wet blanket but check your state laws!   Indiana is not allowed to use anything smaller than 7 1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk