OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Box Call

Started by Spyderman, December 26, 2018, 04:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

I've got a couple of Spring Creek and S&S calls that I love and use a lot.
But I never leave the house without an old original Quakerboy old grand master call that I've had for years.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Old Timer53

nitro

Steve Mann paddle call. I have an '04 that has called in turkeys all across this country. It's my go to.
Royal Slam 2008

Spyderman

Thank you all for the replies. I think I'll always have a problem paying three figures for a box call, but a few of the makers (Spring Creek and Gooserbat, especially) looked intriguing.

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Greg Massey

Quote from: Spyderman on December 27, 2018, 04:26:43 PM
Thank you all for the replies. I think I'll always have a problem paying three figures for a box call, but a few of the makers (Spring Creek and Gooserbat, especially) looked intriguing.
Just wait until you pay 4 figures for one ...lol

davisd9

I have no problem paying for a quality call but some are outrageous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Gooserbat

Thanks for the interest.  I've got a couple of new wood combos coming out in late January.  Pm me for the info.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Boykin Hollow

Chris O

For under $100 basic hunting call you have had some good suggestions Jeff White is another one priced competitively. There is probably a couple good ones posted in the classified section on here .

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on December 27, 2018, 09:18:18 PM
] Just wait until you pay 4 figures for one ...lol

Haha !!!    THIS !!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

Quote from: owlhoot on December 26, 2018, 08:58:04 PM
I have a few Spring Creeks I got from the maker on here.
They are full of turkey. reasonably priced.

:agreed:

All turkey for sure. Got one in my vest too.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

turkaholic

Quote from: Spyderman on December 26, 2018, 04:04:37 PM
What is your favorite box call? I have used a Moss Double Tone for the last 20 years, but sat on it during last turkey season. Apparently, Moss Double Tone is out of business now as their website isn't up and an email to the company was returned as undeliverable. That being said, it looks like I'm in the market for a new (and different) box call. What do you all use, and why?
I also use a Moss Double Tone as my go to box. I have had one for 15 years or so. I sat on mine a few years ago and bought 2 just in case they stop producing them. I haven't looked yet but they were available from Midwest turkey supply last year I believe. Love that box and have never seen anything like that.
live to hunt hunt to live

ncwoodsman

I carry an old Doug Camp Screaming Hen box I purchased from him about 30 years ago when he was still alive. It's my favorite box call and I hunt it like he would have wanted. Sometimes I see them on Ebay from time to time but they have gotten sky high.

Tom Threetoes

Several years ago I bought a cedar over butternut longbox from a retired preacher down in Eastern Kentucky. I can't recall the gentleman's name but his boxes were called Kentucky Thunder. It was a real bargain at $35 and my favorite box call.