turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey load penetration testing

Started by macobb, June 05, 2019, 09:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

If you shoot TSS , you need not worry about penetration what so ever at turkey hunting ranges. They are leathal well past your max range.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

macobb

At the moment it is going to be 20 gauge Apex # 9's 3" 1 5/8's oz.
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

Spitten and drummen

Pattern and forget. TSS will smoke anything out there right now. If TSS dont kill the bird because of lack of penetration  he must be wearing kevlar.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Boykin Hollow

bbcoach

Quote from: Boykin Hollow on June 06, 2019, 06:01:49 PM
What is a phone book????
LMAO.  It's a book that was used as a disciplinary device.  It could be used at arms length or thrown to get your attention.  But that is for another post.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: bbcoach on June 06, 2019, 07:02:08 PM
What is a phone book????
LMAO.  It's a book that was used as a disciplinary device.  It could be used at arms length or thrown to get your attention.  But that is for another post.
You forgot about over the head!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

paboxcall

What is a phone book????

Having attended Catholic grade school I'm familiar with this tactic, though the preferred device was an English literature anthology.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Gobble!

Quote from: macobb on June 05, 2019, 09:21:23 PM
I am looking for a way to test penetration of my rounds at 40 and 50 yards. Has anyone found anything they feel comparable to the penetration you'd want on a turkey? Any thoughts welcomed

Ballistics gel. I believe you would be looking for at least 1.25" of penetration.

Swenny

What is a phone book????
It also doubled as a high chair

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk