turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 500 red dot?

Started by Hunt4spurs87, December 21, 2018, 09:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt4spurs87

I've got an old 500 in woodland camo, 24in barrel ported and I absolutely love this gun. Looking for rail and red dot recommendations since the receiver is drilled and tapped. Was thinking of a vortex venom or Burris fast fire 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUN-N-GUN

I have no experience with the venom but I do have a ff2 and a ff3 and I love em. I may look at vortex next because of the lifetime warranty. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Hunt4spurs87

Quote from: RUN-N-GUN on December 21, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
I have no experience with the venom but I do have a ff2 and a ff3 and I love em. I may look at vortex next because of the lifetime warranty. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

How does the FF3 mount just straight to the Picatinny rail?

Greg Massey

I have one of the same gun's with the NWTF medal in the stock, i change out the stock for adjustable tactical stock, mounted a weaver rail and mounted a Bushnell TRS 25 red dot ... it's a killing machine ...

SumToy

If going with Burris or Vortex I would put one of our bases or a burris 336 base.   

Now if you go with a scope you need a weaver rail . 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Hunt4spurs87

Quote from: SumToy on December 22, 2018, 10:20:04 AM
If going with Burris or Vortex I would put one of our bases or a burris 336 base.   

So just order the Burris 336 base, and the fast fire? Does it still need a Picatinny mount or what?

Spurs Up

Quote from: Hunt4spurs87 on December 22, 2018, 01:26:49 PM
Quote from: SumToy on December 22, 2018, 10:20:04 AM

So just order the Burris 336 base, and the fast fire? Does it still need a Picatinny mount or what?

No... order a Burris 336 mount (410333) and an FF3 with no mount (300235 or 300237 depending on your preference for dot size)