OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Killer Box Calls

Started by hunter22, December 21, 2018, 01:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

There are so many great box call makers out there. What maker's box call do you hunt most often and get the best response? Only one name please. I know this is next to impossible but I was running boxes this morning and asked myself this question. Thanks....

Will

turkeymanjim

Mike lapp long box.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

davisd9

Wendell Lancaster Jatoba/Holly
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

silverspur

Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Rapscallion Vermilion

bobk

MDTOM84

Marlin Watkins bloodwood over butternut fiddle box

palongbeard

SS kwila/butternut. - so Hunter22 you should answer your own question - which one goes in vest 1st ??

sbbow

Jeff White

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

KentuckyHeadhunter

Darrin Dawkins
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Chris O

I am actually pretty new to custom calls last year I had awesome response with a Jeff White granadillo over black limba. I have gained several awesome boxes since last year that will get hunted this year but I would not hesitate to hunt Jeff's calls at any time or place

hunter22

Quote from: palongbeard on December 21, 2018, 03:33:56 PM
SS kwila/butternut. - so Hunter22 you should answer your own question - which one goes in vest 1st ??

Darrin Dawkins

Yoder409

Joe Hall

My Hally Caller Deluxe (production)  box call by Joe Hall has watched more turkeys die than all my custom calls combined........

True story.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.