OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bobcat hunting question

Started by Kylongspur88, December 20, 2018, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

So I've seen bobcats while deer and turkey hunting but never while one was in season. I'd like to get one for a mount. I have a foxpro I use for coyotes so my question is what are some calls that will work on cats? I was thinking vole squeaks. Anyway any advice is appreciated.

Hsargent21

I would recommend bird sounds and when calling don't stop the calling.  Cats will get bored easily so you want a continuous sound.  It will also take a lot longer to call in a cat. Coyotes will come in quick so a 15-20 minute stand will work on them. A cat is going to slip in so stay on the stand for at least 45 minutes.  Be patient and have fun.

spurman

Rabbit squeals work good around here. Cats will sneak in and just set and watch, gray foxes do this also.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

bobk

Quote from: spurman on December 21, 2018, 12:46:11 PM
Rabbit squeals work good around here. Cats will sneak in and just set and watch, gray foxes do this also.

X2

dirt road ninja

X2 on the long calling sequence, you can also get away with way more scent on cats

Kylongspur88

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it a go if the rain ever stops.

Deputy 14

Long calling sequence is generally a must. Bird sounds have been the most effective where I am. Start with a low volume and gradually increase. Be patient hunting cats, it's common for 20-30 minutes to pass before seeing them.