turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2019 Turkey Shotguns

Started by MS Boy, December 15, 2018, 10:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MS Boy

So if you could get any shotgun you wanted and price didn't matter for turkey hunting for the 2019 season which shotgun would you buy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

I'd find a used 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge magnum. You can find them sometimes in nearly new condition. I'd spend the rest of the money on a good choke and variety of shells to find the best pattern out to 40 yards max. If you have to have camo you could find one of those as well.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

MS Boy

Looking for a newer gun than 15-20 years old

CrustyRusty

I'm interested in Remingtons new V3 turkey pro.  It's supposed to come out next month.  Already has a rail, 22" barrel, oversized controls and a lifetime warranty.  I've shot my buddy's 26" V3 and was impressed with it.

Next would be a Beretta 350 turkey gun.  It too has a rail and can shoot 3.5" if you want.  I think it's 24" barrel.

I have 870's in 20 and 12, Benellis, Berettas and a Browning, but the V3 really interests me.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: MS Boy on December 16, 2018, 10:10:49 AM

Suit yourself but plastic and pistol grips don't kill Gobblers.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

MS Boy

Quote from: CrustyRusty on December 16, 2018, 02:40:09 PM
I'm interested in Remingtons new V3 turkey pro.  It's supposed to come out next month.  Already has a rail, 22" barrel, oversized controls and a lifetime warranty.  I've shot my buddy's 26" V3 and was impressed with it.

Next would be a Beretta 350 turkey gun.  It too has a rail and can shoot 3.5" if you want.  I think it's 24" barrel.

I have 870's in 20 and 12, Benellis, Berettas and a Browning, but the V3 really interests me.

Thanks

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Phillipshunt on December 16, 2018, 03:31:06 PM

No, but it looks cool in the pictures

DeltaRunner

If price doesn't matter than a Browning Cynergy turkey edition.  You can flip a switch to go from a long range to short range choke.  Both chokes that come with the gun work very well.  The 24" barrel Cynergy is 6-8" shorter than a pump or auto with a 24" barrel.  The Browning gold trigger is sweet.  Remember with an O/U if you ever have a miss fire just pull the trigger again....no need to pump or chamber another round.  You can choose between vented rib, ghost ring or it has a rail if want to mount an optic.  I use optics so I appreciate the rail being on the barrel.  I like the MOBU dura touch camo.  It has a good feel and grip to it.  They are expensive but they are worth it if it's in your budget.

Buckman18

I'm actually getting the gun I want for Christmas this year. I've got a $1,000 budget, so I picked a Stevens m301 12 gauge. Gonna put a sling on it, a Kicks gobbling thunder .660, and either a scope or good fiber optic sights. Gonna paint it.

I came in way under budget and have a fun project ahead!  O0

CrustyRusty

Cool idea, but I would lean towards a 20 for a lightweight project gun.

Gog1015

I just got a Beretta Xtreme Plus A400 recently and it is a fine shooting shotgun, I'm going to try a .670 Indian Creek Choke and Apex blends in it over Christmas to see how it patterns. Not sure if that is a gun you have checked out yet but I can report back after I pattern if it is something your looking at.

Gobble!

Quote from: dirt road ninja on December 16, 2018, 05:35:35 PM
Quote from: Phillipshunt on December 16, 2018, 03:31:06 PM

No, but it looks cool in the pictures

:you_rock:

Turkeytider

Quote from: CrustyRusty on December 16, 2018, 02:40:09 PM

And well you should be with the V3. Particularly at it`s price point, the V3`s one of, if not the, best guns going IMO. My walnut has been flawless. It should be a great system as a dedicated turkey gun, particularly so with the included optics.

hush

Link to the V3 turkey pro? I can't find info about it.

Turkeytider

Quote from: hush on December 18, 2018, 03:38:14 PM
Link to the V3 turkey pro? I can't find info about it.
[/quote

Not much out on it yet. Suggest you google, " Remington V3 Turkey Pro Randy Wakeman " . He has some descriptive info in his " Randy Wakeman Outdoors " . You may have to scroll down to get to the text of the article.