OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Benelli M4 vs M2  (Read 1838 times)

Offline bsp212

Benelli M4 vs M2
« on: December 14, 2018, 05:40:06 PM »
I have an extra of M2 and M4; both are 18” guns. M4 is Mobil choke, M2 is crio plus. Both, pistol grip stocks with rails to mount a reflex sight on top. Any opinions about the 18” barrels vs. just buying new gun for dedicated turkey gun?

Offline stinkpickle

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • "Milk was a bad choice!"
Re: Benelli M4 vs M2
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 01:49:33 PM »
Either should be fine.  Testing a few loads and chokes with each would be cheaper than buying a new gun...or even a new barrel, for that matter.

CrustyRusty

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 02:29:24 PM »
I have/had both guns and although I like a lot of the features on the M4 I do find it a bit heavier and not as hunter friendly in my mind.  There is a guy on PredatorMasters who hunts with an M4 with great results.  As with any gun, choke and ammo combos will determine whether it meets your expectations for performance.

Let us know how it goes.

Offline bsp212

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 10:21:55 PM »
I agree, the weight of the M4 makes it kind of a pig when it comes to the other Benelli guns. I've never patterned either with anything but 00 buck and mod and full chokes. I think I'll go with the M2 since most of my other guns take the crio plus chokes. I guess I'll order a few tubes and try and get out to pattern test after the holidays.