News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Getting excited for 2019 Spring turkey season-Bowhunting

Started by RED NECK, December 06, 2018, 08:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

Quote from: Fullfan on December 20, 2018, 07:54:32 AM
If you want to see how good you are. Try it without a blind and a flock of decoys.  They will humble you real fast.
Ya no doubt,I have done my share of spot n stalk,or spot n hide behind a tree with no dekes at all.I have killed with the bow that way but getting drawn on them is the key,no doubt.....their eyes are amazing.I very rarely use a deke when I shotgun hunt them and prefer it.

I have some excellent property to hunt,all private land.Some of it my own and then some that is owned by close friends that do not hunt but are organic farmers and some other land we have hunted for over 30 years.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

fallhnt

KS and NE here I come. Loaded up with Spitfire Doublecross.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Sir-diealot

Quote from: fallhnt on January 20, 2019, 05:24:08 PM
KS and NE here I come. Loaded up with Spitfire Doublecross.

Best of luck to you. Hope I will be able to bowhunt anything this year, shoulder surgery means I have to go with much lower poundage, hoping to get a $500 bow if I can swing it so I can deer hunt anyway. The days of 70 lbs. are over for me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

fallhnt

I shoot 50 lbs. No need for 70.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Sir-diealot

Quote from: fallhnt on January 22, 2019, 09:08:08 PM
I shoot 50 lbs. No need for 70.

I was young and dumb and now I am older and barely smart.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

CAPTJJ

Getting closer for me, we got over 20" of snow and it has been cold but I will be in South FL in less than 6 weeks with my recurve looking for an Osceola. Have been practicing inside, can get about 7-8 yds which is perfect distance for a tom. Will likely use my 45# Howatt Mamba which is 58" AMO, but have been shooting some lately with a 1962 Bear Kodiak Mag. It's 44#, only 52" and uses a different arrow; gets me closer to the ground and shoots just as good... so we will see. Both tune using 150 grain points and I have plenty of the 150 grain Snuffers that have worked great in the past.