turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitro or apex???

Started by TURKEY MASTER, January 07, 2019, 08:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEY MASTER

I'm kinda leaning toward Nitro. What do yall shoot???

davisd9

If you are wanting TSS I would just use the Federal or see what the Browning (Winchester) loads will do.  Kent has some as well.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkeykiller22

I shot the Nitro, Apex and Federal TSS last year out of the Indian creek and jebs chokes. Nitro TSS preformed the best for me. One thing that I noticed about the Apex was when I got the shells they all rattled and I don't like that. Im pretty sure that means some of the buffer is coming out but im not positive.

Good luck!
Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Gooserbat

I load my own but if I were shooting loaded ammo I'd probably go with Nitro.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tha bugman

Shot both.....Apex all the way...

SKFOOTER

Another vote for the Apex Loads. :turkey2:

jryser

I load my own - but if I didn't I'd stay with Apex. Great bunch of guys and I used them all season last year prior to the self loading project I took on after season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurs

Nitros seemed a little less quality to me than Apex, but both shot great for me.  Chose Apex in the end.

The pattern is what matters.
This year is going to suck!!!

Jrkimbrough

I used Nitro last year but will be using Apex this year since they have changed the way they are doing the roll crimp.  The Apex shells I had last year wouldn't cycle properly in my gun but the new ones do just fine.

LaLongbeard

From the looks of things Nitro now has some serious competition I wonder if there legendary customer service will now improve... lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Jrkimbrough

Quote from: Phillipshunt on January 11, 2019, 05:40:34 PM
From the looks of things Nitro now has some serious competition I wonder if there legendary customer service will now improve... lol.

I contacted them at the beginning of Dec. and finally got a response about a week ago.  They seem to have hired someone new who is pretty persistent and good at making multiple attempts to call/email customers.  Unfortunately I had already secured all the shells I need for this season. 

Fullfan

Nitro customer service sucks, good luck getting any shells. And not sure they pressure test their loads...
Don't gobble at me...

kennedyh1990

I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the Nitros but they'd have to be unbelievable to switch me from Apex

ShootingABN!

I use NITRO only have used the heavy shot 4x5x7. I haven't tried the TSS. However NITRO does a great job, you can look up your gun/choke combo and it will give you a recommendation. Good luck.
'