turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Green Swamp Quota Hunt

Started by Jfletch74, December 05, 2018, 06:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jfletch74

I got drawn for a quota hunt at Green Swamp WMA in Florida. I've never been there and any tips would be greatly appreciated. Not asking for GPS coordinates, just a few pointers that may put me in a position to kill my first Osceola. Private messages will work.

Thanks!

JasperGlass

I grew up hunting there but no live in al. They opened up the old farm on the back side by 3run and it used to be a good place to start. It's on the line between richloam and green swamp. Not sure what it looks like in there after 10 years  it worth a shop. Strand hammock could also be productive.

guesswho

I also grew up hunting there in the 60's-80's, and now live in Alabama, well  Georgia for the last month now.   Water and elevation changes is what I focused on.  The elevation changes aren't much, but seemed to me like the birds liked the slightly higher ground, especially if there was water around.  Take your thermocell.   Don't be afraid to walk and get wet to put a barrier between you and the majority.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Ctrize

You should get in there and scout. Get away from the normal parking areas and get there early when I went there was a gate and opening time with a line waiting.

RalKitz

I would be very interested on hearing your experiences there. I am going up to Tate's hell for my quota. Green Swamp is closer to me, but the luck of the draw, I am really interested on how many other hunters you see. I hear GS gets very crowded during other seasons.

This will be my first hunt for turkey also first hunt on public land.  I am going during the work week to avoid less than safe people out there. hopefully.