turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 500 Turkey in 410.

Started by fal777, November 13, 2018, 12:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fal777

Noticed that Mossberg offers a 500 Turkey in 410 bore. Sort of interesting but are factory loads  available for this? Would the "defensive" loads you see for the 410 pistols be viable?

Would be fun To carry something this light in the field just wonder how effective it would be

Anybody seen or have one?

FL-Boss

I wouldn't buy until after NWTF show in Feb.  Some talk that Moss is coming out with a new .410 turkey..

sixbird

Quote from: fal777 on November 13, 2018, 12:00:23 PM
Noticed that Mossberg offers a 500 Turkey in 410 bore. Sort of interesting but are factory loads  available for this? Would the "defensive" loads you see for the 410 pistols be viable?

Would be fun To carry something this light in the field just wonder how effective it would be

Anybody seen or have one?

I could be wrong but I think the "defensive" rounds for the .410 are either buck shot or a combination of buckshot and slug. They wouldn't be suitable for turkey hunting.

Greg Massey

Apex Tss for the 410 or Federal Tss... is what i shoot in my 410 over/under... with Sumtoy custom choke tubes .. 384 and 387 ....

allaboutshooting

The Federal .410 load of TSS is amazing. You might want to take a look at this https://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/are-410-shoguns-ready-for-turkey-hunting

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."