Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

A prayer request for my friend and Deacons wife Jeannie

Started by Sir-diealot, November 12, 2018, 02:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I would like to ask people to say a prayer from my deacon Dave J's Wife Jeannie, she has been battling cancer for over a year now, the last time she went it they had given her a good prognosis, this time she went in for a follow up and it was very bad. They told them her cancer is back and they can no longer help her, they told her she only has 6 months to live.

In my lifetime I have only met 3 people that I can honestly say I believe are truly Godly people and have the love of God in their hearts, and these are two of those 3 and my heart is just breaking for them.

I was talking with this husband Dave at church yesterday when he told me after church school and before the service. I don't think I heard most of the service to be honest with you. I went over to talk with them and I was just silent when she was there, I did know know what to say, these are two people I truly love but my words would not come. I did not go back to church last night, I did not want to face it then.

They have a grown children, a daughter the youngest and 2 sons, keep them in prayer. I have never been really close to any of them I am sorry to say, but I lost my mother to breast cancer and I want to be there for them when their mothers times comes. I am just glad they have the wonderful relationship with their mother I never had with mine so they will have wonderful memories of her.

13 years ago my best friend Jerry died and Dave was one of two people that came to console me, I was devastated over his loss and Dave sat with me til late at night, I want to be able to be there for him now in return though he is not losing a friend, he is losing his help meet and that is going to be so much more devastating than I can even comprehend.

My heart is breaking for the family. I know that God can heal and I pray he does. I ask you all to pray for the same. Thank you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

daddyduke

I will kept them in my prayer time and pass this request on to my church family.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: daddyduke on November 12, 2018, 03:17:16 PM
I will kept them in my prayer time and pass this request on to my church family.
Thank you very much.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

davisd9

Cancer is a horrible disease and one you never truly understand the effects of until it is a loved one or yourself with it.  My dad has been battling cancer for a few years now, the Almighty has blessed him as it has so far had little overall effect on him.  Since they are Godly people they know God has a perfect and mighty plan, one which you may never be able to make sense of but it is good (Isaiah 55:8-9).  What we do know is God does what is best for those who love him (Romans 8:28).  Her heart is right so I am sure she has no fear of eternity.  All you can do is pray for them an make sure you are there to help them in any way you can.  It is difficult to see but it is also a celebration of all the hard work she has done on this earth for the Kingdom of God, she is about to meet her reward.  The loss of a loved one is hard, but the Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away, Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21).

They are in my prayers as well as you to be there with Godly love for them in this difficult time.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sir-diealot

Quote from: davisd9 on November 13, 2018, 07:11:44 AM
Cancer is a horrible disease and one you never truly understand the effects of until it is a loved one or yourself with it.  My dad has been battling cancer for a few years now, the Almighty has blessed him as it has so far had little overall effect on him.  Since they are Godly people they know God has a perfect and mighty plan, one which you may never be able to make sense of but it is good (Isaiah 55:8-9).  What we do know is God does what is best for those who love him (Romans 8:28).  Her heart is right so I am sure she has no fear of eternity.  All you can do is pray for them an make sure you are there to help them in any way you can.  It is difficult to see but it is also a celebration of all the hard work she has done on this earth for the Kingdom of God, she is about to meet her reward.  The loss of a loved one is hard, but the Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away, Blessed be the name of the Lord (Job 1:21).

They are in my prayers as well as you to be there with Godly love for them in this difficult time.

Thank you Davis, wonderful, accurate and on time scriptures. I am praying that no matter what happens that somehow God would use this to lead somebody to himself. It is something I pray often and in most situations. Here are the verses that you shared for those that may not know them. I knew them but not by verse number, I have always had a problem with number.

Isaiah 55:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Romans 8:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Job 1:21 King James Version (KJV)

21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

John Koenig:

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

I wanted to update this, On Tuesday they had a birthday party for Jeanne and she was doing well, the next day as I understand it she took a drastic turn for the worse. I do not think she will make it out of this week, she looks so poor and weak, just please pray for her and he family please. Thank you.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Sir-diealot

Quote from: misfire on July 22, 2020, 09:47:09 AM
Prayers sent. I hate cancer!!!!
Thank you. You and me both, lost way to many family members and friends to it and many family members and friends touched by it.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

I wanted to come here and thank everyone that has prayed for Jeanne and to let you know that I found out this morning that last night she went to be with the Lord. Please continue to pray for her husband Dave and her kids and grand kids as this will be a very hard time for them. Thank you and God bless.

John Koenig: