OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Twisting Creek calls  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
Twisting Creek calls
« on: November 12, 2018, 01:32:40 PM »
I am not trying to bash anyone here but could someone who has experience with them tell me how long it usually takes to get a box call from them? I ordered one awhile ago and have never heard anything. I did contact them and he got back to me and said his dad wasn’t doing well and would get back to me. That was a little over a month ago. I just want to know if it usually takes awhile? Nothing on the website says anything about time frame thanks

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
Re: Twisting Creek calls
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »
I hope everything is OK on Jeff's side. Haven't spoken to him in a while.

Jeff is one of the best callmakers and just a terrific, super guy; if he's been off the radar for a spell its going to be for a good reason. Me? I'd trust Jeff to hold a roll of hundred dollar bills if I didn't have a place to stash it. Just be patient he will circle back with you and you'll be in possession of one of the finest made calls.   :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Happy hooker

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 06:03:47 PM »
Last year I inquired about getting one made and he said about 3 months.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 08:14:03 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I totally understand about family being more important than my call. I just didn’t know what time frame to expect. I hope everything goes well for him and his family also. I just didn’t know whether to expect it in a few months or a year thanks again for the replies my wondering is over

Offline Roughneck

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 11:24:24 PM »
Do to his dad being in the hospital he has not been in the shop in awhile. But assure you he will get you fixed up an you will be happy

Offline Pooh4459

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 04:24:25 AM »
I ordered a couple calls back in June or July and he told me 6 to 8 months. He's a heck of a good guy and alway gets back with me. Sometimes it takes him a little bit but he always responds. You might just shoot him a message again with what's going on. Obviously problems with his Dad will probably extend that wait time but I'm sure he will get it to you when he can. Prayers go out to his family. I know if my Dad ends up bad in the hospital everything else extra I got going on will stop.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 05:57:35 AM »
I ordered a couple calls back in June or July and he told me 6 to 8 months. He's a heck of a good guy and alway gets back with me. Sometimes it takes him a little bit but he always responds. You might just shoot him a message again with what's going on. Obviously problems with his Dad will probably extend that wait time but I'm sure he will get it to you when he can. Prayers go out to his family. I know if my Dad ends up bad in the hospital everything else extra I got going on will stop.
I agree with you 100% Pooh, your recommendation of him is why I ordered one from him. I know a little more now about the  time frame so thank you much everyone.

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 08:15:05 AM »
I've known Jeff for a long time he is as good as they come he will get to your call as soon as he can and it will be worth the wait.

Offline idratherb

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
Hes a class act and his calls are just the same..patients young skywalker

Offline jmck

• Twisting Creek Calls
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 10:59:19 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys....yes , we have had a very hard basically year and a half at least. We are in a battle with my father n law with pancreatic cancer, and also at the same time my father has got seriously ill. Hope everyone can understand I love making calls, but I have been so busy with our businesses and trying to balance full time care for both sides of our family, I haven't had any time for myself in the shop which I need for peace of mind honestly. I promise, in time , I will do my best to honor the orders I have guys. I just ask for patience and understanding with whats going on. If anyone needs to cancel an order, feel free to contact me, and I give you my word, there will be no hard feelings. Right now, I have to focus on my extended family and my father. I miss my turkey hunting family I assure you guys- I will get back in the shop, can use prayers for my loved ones currently.
thanks
Jeff(Twisting Creek Calls)

Offline Pooh4459

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 02:10:19 PM »
I'll be praying for you guys Jeff.  Hope everyone gets well and thank you for taking the time to explain what is going on. Wasn't needed as we all know you will honor your call deals as soon as possible but much appreciated.   Brandon

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 10:05:59 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys....yes , we have had a very hard basically year and a half at least. We are in a battle with my father n law with pancreatic cancer, and also at the same time my father has got seriously ill. Hope everyone can understand I love making calls, but I have been so busy with our businesses and trying to balance full time care for both sides of our family, I haven't had any time for myself in the shop which I need for peace of mind honestly. I promise, in time , I will do my best to honor the orders I have guys. I just ask for patience and understanding with whats going on. If anyone needs to cancel an order, feel free to contact me, and I give you my word, there will be no hard feelings. Right now, I have to focus on my extended family and my father. I miss my turkey hunting family I assure you guys- I will get back in the shop, can use prayers for my loved ones currently.
thanks
Jeff(Twisting Creek Calls)

Thanks for posting this, Jeff. Earlier this year, at the extremely strong recommendation of a good friend and turkey hunting buddy, I contacted you on a couple of occasions to place an order for a call, but never heard back. My buddy was both concerned and puzzled ( " That`s not like Jeff at all " ). Well, now we know why. So sorry to hear, best wishes, and God bless.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 07:36:55 PM »
Prayers sent

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 06:34:04 AM »
Prayers sent

X2