OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: SD Card Issue?  (Read 1755 times)

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
SD Card Issue?
« on: November 06, 2018, 11:20:35 AM »
I have a 16GB SD card with 1000 pictures on it.  It won't let me erase the pictures for some reason.  I even tried to format the card and it won't let me do that either. Any idea what the issue may be?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Offline Candyman

Re: SD Card Issue?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »
Is the card locked? 

Offline Cove

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 12:25:58 PM »
I've ran into this multiple times now, I've had to hop around to different laptops or even different trail cameras to erase/ format the card to clean them off sometimes. No idea why. I've even had to toss a few cards due to being unable to clean them off.

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 12:38:17 PM »
Is the card locked?
No,not locked.

I've ran into this multiple times now, I've had to hop around to different laptops or even different trail cameras to erase/ format the card to clean them off sometimes. No idea why. I've even had to toss a few cards due to being unable to clean them off.

I'll try that and see what happens.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Offline blake_08

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 09:17:05 AM »
I had this happen to me just last week. Tried to erase the card on 3 different computers and 2 different trail cameras. For whatever reason, the 2nd trail camera i tried was able to delete the card. I have no idea what caused it but i ran a few tests on the card afterwards and it all seem to work fine. Let us know what works for you.

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 09:28:09 AM »
Let us know what works for you.
Problem solved.  I got aggravated and put it in a paper/credit card shredder.  No more pictures on the card :)
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Offline blake_08

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
Problem solved.  I got aggravated and put it in a paper/credit card shredder.  No more pictures on the card :)

:TooFunny: :icon_thumright:

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 02:48:49 PM »
That's as bad and when I got mad at a tablet and gave it a twist.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Timmer

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 05:45:45 PM »
Well you won't be wasting time on that anymore!

I had a weed whip that used to take 50+ pulls to get it started, and that was after constant cleaning and several efforts at carb work.  One day after getting bloody knuckles for the umpteenth time I took it into the cul de sac, grabbed by the shaft, swung it like an ax and repeatedly beat the motor on the ground until I was sure it would never start again!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Offline guesswho

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Gobbler Goober
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 06:39:42 PM »
Well you won't be wasting time on that anymore!

I had a weed whip that used to take 50+ pulls to get it started, and that was after constant cleaning and several efforts at carb work.  One day after getting bloody knuckles for the umpteenth time I took it into the cul de sac, grabbed by the shaft, swung it like an ax and repeatedly beat the motor on the ground until I was sure it would never start again!
Had a similar experience with a lawn mower.  Pull and pull and it would just tease me with a little sputter.   Get mad and flip it upside down, then turn it over and it would start and run until I started to push it.  I finally decided it was possessed and performed my own version of an exorcism.   Problem solved!   My neighbor across the street at the time used to work on small engines, and after the exorcism he said even he couldn't bring it back to life.  :TooFunny: 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »
Reminds me of a buddy of mine. He had fits with a lawn tractor for a few days. Finally he snapped and pushed it over to the clothesline post and tied it off. He then went inside and got his 30.06 semi auto, gave the tractor a salute and then put 3 rounds through the engine block.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club