OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hookspurs 2nd book is out  (Read 1624 times)

Offline firedup

Hookspurs 2nd book is out
« on: November 10, 2018, 04:27:46 PM »
I know that Hookspur / Doc Weddle has met many of us in his travels. Just thought that alot of his friends would want to know that he has his 2nd book, "Turkey Tails and Tales from across America, Vol 2." out now.  It is available from Amazon but if you want a signed copy (and wish to support the author), you will need to purchase a copy directly from Doc. 

It takes off where the other book (vol. 1) leaves off.  While there is certainly "how to" information in the book (a lot on researching and prepping to hunt other states), it is essentially one man's passion (an addicted fool) for turkey hunting and his adventures across American and the people and situations he encounters.  Written in a style as if you were sitting around the campfire hearing him "tell the tale". A very good read, strong on his outlook and opinions and pretty much free from the commercial BS that seems to plague our sport these days.  Paperbacks are $25 and hardcovers $35. Checks or MO's can be sent to Tom Weddle PO Box 7281, Bloomington, IN 47407. And if you don't have it, a good thing to pick up would be a copy of Vol. 1 at the same time. ** Prices includes shipping to your mailing address! 

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 11:26:01 AM by firedup »

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: Hookspurs 2nd book is out
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 10:37:47 PM »
I need to get on that.  I enjoyed his first one.
Doc is a turkey hunting machine.  Few could keep the spring schedule that man does!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 11:46:49 PM »
This is great! Does the prices include shipping?

Offline firedup

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 11:24:42 AM »
Price DOES include shipping to your door.

Offline quavers59

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 10:58:27 AM »
That is one more book, I will have to get before next Spring.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 12:15:24 PM »
Added them both to the list, thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Halfski

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 11:54:34 AM »
I just picked up a copy and can't wait to read it!!  As someone on this board mentioned, Doc is a turkey hunting machine, and he has lots of good stories to share.  I chased longbeards last Spring in four states, which is something Doc might do in a weekend.  His first book is one of my favorites, and there is no doubt in my mind that his second book will be as well. . . even if it's only half as good as his first.   

Keep em' comin' Doc!!

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 10:01:37 PM »
Thanks for passing this along...Ill have to buy both.

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:38:00 PM »
Doc hunted the way we all wish that we could.  I loved the first book and look forward to getting the second.
I met Doc at Nashville a few years ago.  Good man. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.