OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scope repair question. Non-turkey

Started by Sir-diealot, November 13, 2018, 09:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I have the BSA scope I have had for quite some time but it was not used for a long time because of my car accident. I took it out and realized that the part with the numbers that is for the I believe they call it the paralex has come loose. I was wondering if anybody might know if it can be glued back on? I am in no hurry as it is my woodchuck gun so I do have time. I do think that maybe it can be glued back on but there is this little brass piece (See pictures) that has be wondering. Also I would have to get a picture of what it used to look like so I can be sure everything lines up correctly. Thank you very much for any help given.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

I would send it back to make sure it's fixed right,but I'm anal and definitely not a gunsmith.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on November 15, 2018, 10:06:38 PM
I would send it back to make sure it's fixed right,but I'm anal and definitely not a gunsmith.
Thanks for the reply. I just hate the thought of sighting it back in again, I am not the greatest shot in the world, truth is I am a pretty bad shot.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Chris O

I would send it back also, maybe you could have a buddy who is a better shot help you sight it in.Plenty of sight vices and shooting sleds to make sighting in easier than it used to be. You could probably borrow one if you know some people that have them. Good luck

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Chris O on November 16, 2018, 05:03:21 AM
I would send it back also, maybe you could have a buddy who is a better shot help you sight it in.Plenty of sight vices and shooting sleds to make sighting in easier than it used to be. You could probably borrow one if you know some people that have them. Good luck
Yea I think that is what I am going to have to do. Going to have to wait until January though. Thanks for the reply.

John Koenig:

NCL

I would concur with what other have already said and send it back, especially optics, you want it done right. If your optics are off it does not matter how good or bad a shot you are because the shot will always be off

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NCL on November 16, 2018, 09:43:53 AM
I would concur with what other have already said and send it back, especially optics, you want it done right. If your optics are off it does not matter how good or bad a shot you are because the shot will always be off
The only reason I do question sending it back is that it does not effect the shooting unless you want to make the adjustment, other than that it is fine. I called them, they said send it back. The only thing I am no liking is I do not see another 50MM scope on their site and I definitely do not want a smaller one.

John Koenig:

NCL

Quote from: Sir-diealot on November 16, 2018, 12:34:05 PM
Quote from: NCL on November 16, 2018, 09:43:53 AM
The only reason I do question sending it back is that it does not effect the shooting unless you want to make the adjustment, other than that it is fine. I called them, they said send it back. The only thing I am no liking is I do not see another 50MM scope on their site and I definitely do not want a smaller one.

That is a dilemma, good luck with your decision