turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fast Fire 3

Started by HILBY72, November 12, 2018, 08:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HILBY72

Looking at purchasing a Burris Fast Fire 3. Which is more preferred the 3 moa or the 8 moa for turkey hunting, this will be going on a Winchester 1300.

Prohunter3509

I prefer 3 moa.
Get the guard from gobble74 ,you won't regret it.
I wouldn't trade my ff3 for scope or adjustable sights

hootgobbleyelpgobble

I went from a scope to a FF3 3moa  on a short 20ga and haven't regretted it yet. I wanted less weight and a lower profile. I keep a spare battery in my vest now just in case. 

sixbird

Three minute of angle, definitely. The three minute one covers enough of the head at 40 yds. as it is. I think the eight minute one would cover way too much at that range.
I'm sure you already know this but the three minute covers 3" at 100 yds. 1 1/2" at 50 yds. 3/4" at 25 yds.
The eight covers, of course 8" at 100 yds. 4" at 50 yds. 2" at 25 yds.
In reality, if your eyes aren't 18 year old eyes, you get a little flare around the dot. That actually "looks" like the dot covers a little more than the three minute or eight minute.
I have the three minute and my eyes have some miles on them. The three works just about right for me...

HILBY72

Thanks for the info guys

deerhunt1988

I've used both the 3 and 8. MUCH preferred the 3.

Spurs Up

I own and use both. For my handguns and rifles, I prefer 3 MOA. For scatterguns, I vastly prefer 5-8 MOA. Minority opinion, I know. Biggest advantage = Much quicker acquisition of dot for me.

Remember you're shooting a shotgun with several hundred pellets, not a single projectile. Precision with any shotgun/shell combo really ain't all that great, no matter what.

If the 8 MOA covers too much of the target, you're either shooting too far or a tiny turkey. Keep in mind, the 8 MOA covers all of 3.2" at 40 yards vs 1.2" for 3 MOA dot. And...with the FF3 you can set the light intensity to a level that makes the dot translucent. You can see right through it.

In short, both are "minute of turkey."  Choose the one that you can see the best under a variety of light conditions.