OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Weaver Kaspa 1-4X24mm Turkey Ret Obsession Camo 30Mm  (Read 3954 times)

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Weaver Kaspa 1-4X24mm Turkey Ret Obsession Camo 30Mm
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:56:42 AM »
Just wondering if anybody has used this and what your thoughts on it are? Thinking of picking this up along with a saddle mount for an 11-87 At this point it is cheaper to do this than for me to replace the lenses in both pair my glasses. I will reply when I get home. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AU68ZKQ/?coliid=ISOSG7ICUSO3N&colid=358VYXUGSTLS&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Weaver Kaspa 1-4X24mm Turkey Ret Obsession Camo 30Mm
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:26:36 PM »
Anybody?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Rem Man

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 09:29:44 PM »
I had one for a very short period!  The scope is very heavy for one and the eye relief is pretty bad. I will also add that that reticle is very fine and very hard to see and I have 20 20 vision. I have had a bunch of scopes and honestly the Simmons pro diamond for $60 is an unbelievable deal and they are bomb proof!!! The Simmons is truly a fantastic scope. Good luck!

Offline Rem Man

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 09:34:39 PM »
Forgot to add that the numbers on the scope ring for the power adjustment are barely readable and it’s very hard to see what power your on. The scope was very clear!  I would be very hesitant on putting a heavy scope like the weaver on a saddle mount.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 09:42:04 PM »
Forgot to add that the numbers on the scope ring for the power adjustment are barely readable and it’s very hard to see what power your on. The scope was very clear!  I would be very hesitant on putting a heavy scope like the weaver on a saddle mount.
Thank you for both comments. I will look into the other. I wish they would show the reticles in these adds, would give me more to choose from.

John Koenig:

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Fl strutter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 08:45:17 AM »
I have a leupold 1-4x20 with Turkey plex reticle I'm probably gonna sell. Its mint condition and they're discontinued.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:55 AM »
I have a leupold 1-4x20 with Turkey plex reticle I'm probably gonna sell. Its mint condition and they're discontinued.
Not sure I can afford a Leupold to be honest.

John Koenig:

Offline Fl strutter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 09:29:09 AM »
Not cheap for sure. I'm goin to reflex sights.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »
Sir Die-a lot, I have been using a Bushnell dusk till dawn 1-4 power on my gun. Pretty lightweight and glass is pretty decent for a low price scope. It has the heavy circle x reticule that is perfect for turkey hunting. I got the model that has 6" of eye relief and it is nice not worrying about "scope eye" shooting heavy loads. I got it on sale at midway a couple years back, I think it was about $70. I got it for one of my slug guns and it held up great and held a zero. I have used red dots for years, and while I still love them, my eyes don't anymore. Really enjoyed hunting with the scope, and will use it this season too.

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 01:15:16 PM »
Sir Die-a lot, I have been using a Bushnell dusk till dawn 1-4 power on my gun. Pretty lightweight and glass is pretty decent for a low price scope. It has the heavy circle x reticule that is perfect for turkey hunting. I got the model that has 6" of eye relief and it is nice not worrying about "scope eye" shooting heavy loads. I got it on sale at midway a couple years back, I think it was about $70. I got it for one of my slug guns and it held up great and held a zero. I have used red dots for years, and while I still love them, my eyes don't anymore. Really enjoyed hunting with the scope, and will use it this season too.
Thanks for the information. Sounds like you really like it. Yea scope eye is a serious drag!

John Koenig:

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 08:11:58 AM »
Your welcome! Hope you find a scope that fits your needs. Two things to watch for in a scope for a shotgun is parallax and eye relief. Stick with shotgun model scopes and you should be good to go. Good luck in your quest!