Remington V3 Turkey Pro

Started by Turkeytider, November 03, 2018, 07:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Quote from: CrustyRusty on January 03, 2019, 11:33:04 AM
Quote from: Bowguy on January 03, 2019, 05:26:47 AM
Quote from: Turkeytider on November 11, 2018, 11:52:32 AM
Quote from: the Ward on November 11, 2018, 07:58:19 AM
Thanks for the info.Would be nice to see an American gun company return to the forefront of shotgun design. I had a few Remingtons back in the day, and they were good guns. I remember when the 1100 was "the gun" everyone aspired to get in my neck of the woods. Hope they do good with this gun.

I personally think everyone should be pulling for Remington's success, even if one's brand preferences lie elsewhere. Remington is an American institution. I personally have two Remington's, an 870 Super Mag turkey gun and a V3, but my favorite is Italian made (Fabarm L4S Hunter). Nobody wants to see them succeed more than I .
Remington was a good company. The new stuff not as much. Think about something, if they've lowered lots of quality but still want your money for inferior products do they really care about your success as much as you're worried bout theirs?
That goes for all gun companies, car companies, optics companies, etc etc etc. They should stop the bs and make good stuff again. Look at all the gun manufacturers sending their garbage overseas. Nothing but recalls on many guns lately.  (Yet Browning who is made unfortunately overseas never has a bad product, same for many European guns.)
Imo we should not blindly hope a company succeeds. We should hope THEY plan on their success by putting out a quality product at a fair price.

There is some truth to your comments, to a degree however.  Remington is at least making attempts at improving their quality and quality control and customer service.  I have bought several newer Remingtons that have been excellent, and will buy the Turkey Pro when it comes out.  I have an older Remington 700 that did have a small issue and it was addressed quickly and professionally. 

I wish I could say the same for Browning, who arguably has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Even worse than Beretta!  They are rude on the phone and dismissive and I personally would never buy another Browning product.  My buddy had a firearms training company and had gotten Browning products at a deep discount.  He was kind enough to pass those discounts on to his friends.  I had bought a 725 Sporting with adjustable comb, a BT99 and a Maxus.  Every one of them has had major problems.  Almost every gun that my buddies have gotten have also been problematic! To say Browning has never had a bad product is the real BS. 

Every company can put out a turd and should be held accountable for their poor products and customer service.  I have owned guns from about every major firearms maker and some have had problems, and some have been flawless.  It seems however that Remington takes more crap than any other company.  As consumers, we shouldn't be blindly following any company, and most assuredly we shouldn't be blindly believing that Remington is the only company with problems.  Additionally, we shouldn't blindly believe the people who trash them, most of whom have probably not dealt with them recently.
I've never heard of but one Browning issue. Believe it or not I think it was a 725? The actual worst customer service is or was Kimber but that's besides the point. I'm actually not bashing Remington. Not bashing any American company. They should get our support but need a product that is worth it. I also do not believe everything I hear. It's what I see. I'd also not buy a Winchester either cause of all the probs. We were talking about Remington though. If they turn things around that'd be great.
You can't keep buying junk waiting on them to "get better".
Kinda reminds me of all the car companies needed bail outs. Where did the money come from? Came from you. Do the car manufacturers remember and appreciate us? Idk look at the price for junk there as well.

EZ

Quote from: Bigeclipse on January 03, 2019, 01:04:15 PM
I do not like the V3s short barrel. Does anyone know where that barrel study is on the net. It showed a significant loss of speed going from like a standard 26-38inch barrel down to a 20-22oinch turkey barrel. Enough to make it not worth it in my book. Something like 100-150fps less.

I thought Mark Bansner debunked that myth back in the 80's.

Here's a more recent test:

https://www.outdoorlife.com/how-to-choose-best-barrel-length

Basically no difference.

Old Gobbler

I own the versa max and its SOLID ,I've put probably 10 cases of steel stot through it not counting the Turkey loads

The versa shoots the 3.5 shells a d kicks like or softer than a 3 inch auto

I'd be interested in the ve,  but I am So happy with the versamax

The one v3 in interested in is the "gun"one that's a legal sawed off ...looks like a good personal defense weapon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Chuck1443

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 05, 2019, 09:45:52 AM
I own the versa max and its SOLID ,I've put probably 10 cases of steel stot through it not counting the Turkey loads

The versa shoots the 3.5 shells a d kicks like or softer than a 3 inch auto

I'd be interested in the ve,  but I am So happy with the versamax

The one v3 in interested in is the "gun"one that's a legal sawed off ...looks like a good personal defense weapon
Same here , love mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZ

The V3 Turkey Pro is NOW on the Remington website.

CrustyRusty

I wonder how long before they actually ship?

Quote from: EZ on January 17, 2019, 07:50:07 AM

jerseyjimk

Quote from: EZ on January 02, 2019, 10:48:27 AM
Anyone hear anything more on this gun? I've been calling/ emailing Remington and searching the net and other than a video and Wakeman's article, I can find no evidence that this gun exists.

It was supposed to be available Jan. 1.
Remington has them listed on their web site, along with the waterfowl pro. Thats the one I want. My old 11-87 is a great turkey gun, nothing will ever replace it

CrustyRusty

I've got my sbe2 that I use for waterfowl and predator hunting and turkey.  Im interested in the turkey pro for a dedicated turkey gun(well, another dedicated turkey gun lol)

S.davis

Quote from: Bowguy on January 03, 2019, 05:26:47 AM(Yet Browning who is made unfortunately overseas never has a bad product, same for many European guns.)

Browning has put out some real disasters. So have Benelli and Beretta, for that matter.

Bowguy

Quote from: S.davis on February 01, 2019, 11:24:53 PM
Quote from: Bowguy on January 03, 2019, 05:26:47 AM(Yet Browning who is made unfortunately overseas never has a bad product, same for many European guns.)

Browning has put out some real disasters. So have Benelli and Beretta, for that matter.
Man you got me on this one. I've had some issues that gave me some memory loss. I can clearly remember certain companies having real issues especially w some guns. The three just mentioned I really don't remember? What exactly were the issues? This is no set up btw I just don't remember

Turkeytider

Quote from: Bowguy on February 02, 2019, 05:29:44 AM
Quote from: S.davis on February 01, 2019, 11:24:53 PM

Man you got me on this one. I've had some issues that gave me some memory loss. I can clearly remember certain companies having real issues especially w some guns. The three just mentioned I really don't remember? What exactly were the issues? This is no set up btw I just don't remember

I would suppose that with just about any manufacturer of ANY product, if they`ve been in business long enough, they`ve put out products that would be considered sub-par if not outright duds.

Based on my experience with my V3, I have every confidence that the V3 Turkey Pro will be as good as any dedicated turkey SA on the market. The Versaport action and gas system is, IMO, excellent. The V3 is a VERY soft shooting gun with an excellent trigger. If I were in the market for a dedicated turkey gun, I wouldn`t hesitate.

Bowguy

I'm not talking one or two prob guns. Some manufacturers have probs w a madel type for instance. I don't remember browning having that issue?

EZ

Quote from: CrustyRusty on January 17, 2019, 10:50:26 AM
I wonder how long before they actually ship?

Quote from: EZ on January 17, 2019, 07:50:07 AM

Not sure. I've been calling and emailing Remington and just can't seem to get anyone who can, or is willing, to tell me much about this gun.
One guy did tell me that despite everything I've seen and read, including Remington's own website, that the gun only comes in Realtree EDGE camo, NOT the stated and shown Realtree Timber.

S.davis

Quote from: Bowguy on February 02, 2019, 04:03:55 PM
I'm not talking one or two prob guns. Some manufacturers have probs w a madel type for instance. I don't remember browning having that issue?

B-gun amnesia. Browning A500, the new 3.5" A5s, the duratouch disaster, salt wood superposeds, etc. etc. not that Browning doesn't make good guns, but they've had their share of clunkers. And they all put out lemons.

EZ

Anyone see one of these (Remington V3 Turkey Pro) in person yet?

I put an order in for one and gun shop had no idea when it may arrive.