OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington V3 Turkey Pro  (Read 9699 times)

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
Remington V3 Turkey Pro
« on: November 03, 2018, 07:21:51 AM »
Hearing that Remington will be bringing out a dedicated turkey gun based on their V3 platform. I have a V3 in walnut and can unequivocally say that it is one solid shotgun. Gas system ( Versaport ) is excellent. They`ve had to make some modifications with the synthetic V3 due to gas blowback issues in some, not all by any means, synthetic guns. They have/are addressing this. It should be a winner.

Offline Clydetaylor1

Re: Remington V3 Turkey Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 05:40:26 PM »
Have not heard anything about it.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 09:19:35 PM »
Have not heard anything about it.

It`s apparently coming. Go to Shotgunworld.com. There are posts about it. It`s a good site too, if you`ve never been.

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »
Interesting.  For right now I’m just to hesitant to drop a lot of money on a Remington firearm. My brother knows some guys that worked in the Huntsville factory and they didn’t have anything positive to say about it.  I know there are a lot of guys toting the 870 youth guns on here and they seem to have good luck with them.  Idk what to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 08:31:46 PM »
Interesting.  For right now I’m just to hesitant to drop a lot of money on a Remington firearm. My brother knows some guys that worked in the Huntsville factory and they didn’t have anything positive to say about it.  I know there are a lot of guys toting the 870 youth guns on here and they seem to have good luck with them.  Idk what to think.

Well, all I can tell you is that my V3 walnut is one solid gun. It's a "working " gun, never misfired, not once, or failed to cycle. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I'd seriously consider the turkey variant if I didn't already have a dedicated turkey gun . A Remington 870 Super Mag that's an absolute tank .

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
Remington V3 Turkey Pro
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 09:20:32 PM »
Glad your gun is working grout for you. I’ll have to check those out.  I’ve been toting an 870 express super mag for 15 yrs or so. It’s been good for the most part. I did have a part break on it one day after shooting a turkey. I can’t remember what the part was but besides that it’s been my old beat around shotgun.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 08:12:25 AM »
Glad your gun is working grout for you. I’ll have to check those out.  I’ve been toting an 870 express super mag for 15 yrs or so. It’s been good for the most part. I did have a part break on it one day after shooting a turkey. I can’t remember what the part was but besides that it’s been my old beat around shotgun.

Do check it out. Lots written/reviews of V3`s on Shotgunworld.com. Guy by the name of Randy Wakeman has probably shot and compared more shotguns than everyone on this board combined! He`s pretty opinionated and somewhat crusty, but I personally enjoy his reviews. Lots of guns, of course, are used for turkeys. but IMO the 870 and Mossberg 835`s are " classic " turkey guns. Kick like mules...but hey! It`s hardly high volume shooting.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 08:59:25 AM »
The v3 has an interesting gas design, similar to the m4 benelli. Should be a reliable system as long as Remington ups it's Q.C. game from the downhill trajectory it has been on for a few years. The Versa max has been out for awhile now and seems to be doing good with the same setup.I don't put any stock in anything Wakeman has to say, he contradicts himself constantly, and his design flaw "theory" about the sbe 3 made for some humorous reading on all the threads over there. Thanks for the heads up, will check those out, never too early to think about spring season!

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 02:05:43 PM »
The v3 has an interesting gas design, similar to the m4 benelli. Should be a reliable system as long as Remington ups it's Q.C. game from the downhill trajectory it has been on for a few years. The Versa max has been out for awhile now and seems to be doing good with the same setup.I don't put any stock in anything Wakeman has to say, he contradicts himself constantly, and his design flaw "theory" about the sbe 3 made for some humorous reading on all the threads over there. Thanks for the heads up, will check those out, never too early to think about spring season!

Yeah, I personally think Remington has a winner in the V3 platform. Also, there seems to be a real commitment on their part to customer service and warranty work. Lots of compliments on Shotgunworld from owners. The synthetic V3 has had some issues with gas blowback in some, but not all, synthetic V3s . People are reporting sending them back and having barrels/ gas systems replaced no questions asked. Remington is apparently bringing out an unvented gas system, similar to that of the walnut, for all new production synthetic V3s . Once done, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 07:58:19 AM »
Thanks for the info.Would be nice to see an American gun company return to the forefront of shotgun design. I had a few Remingtons back in the day, and they were good guns. I remember when the 1100 was "the gun" everyone aspired to get in my neck of the woods. Hope they do good with this gun.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 11:52:32 AM »
Thanks for the info.Would be nice to see an American gun company return to the forefront of shotgun design. I had a few Remingtons back in the day, and they were good guns. I remember when the 1100 was "the gun" everyone aspired to get in my neck of the woods. Hope they do good with this gun.

I personally think everyone should be pulling for Remington's success, even if one's brand preferences lie elsewhere. Remington is an American institution. I personally have two Remington's, an 870 Super Mag turkey gun and a V3, but my favorite is Italian made (Fabarm L4S Hunter). Nobody wants to see them succeed more than I .

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 10:48:27 AM »
Anyone hear anything more on this gun? I've been calling/ emailing Remington and searching the net and other than a video and Wakeman's article, I can find no evidence that this gun exists.

It was supposed to be available Jan. 1.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 05:26:47 AM »

I personally think everyone should be pulling for Remington's success, even if one's brand preferences lie elsewhere. Remington is an American institution. I personally have two Remington's, an 870 Super Mag turkey gun and a V3, but my favorite is Italian made (Fabarm L4S Hunter). Nobody wants to see them succeed more than I .
Remington was a good company. The new stuff not as much. Think about something, if they’ve lowered lots of quality but still want your money for inferior products do they really care about your success as much as you’re worried bout theirs?
That goes for all gun companies, car companies, optics companies, etc etc etc. They should stop the bs and make good stuff again. Look at all the gun manufacturers sending their garbage overseas. Nothing but recalls on many guns lately.  (Yet Browning who is made unfortunately overseas never has a bad product, same for many European guns.)
Imo we should not blindly hope a company succeeds. We should hope THEY plan on their success by putting out a quality product at a fair price.

CrustyRusty

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »

Remington was a good company. The new stuff not as much. Think about something, if they’ve lowered lots of quality but still want your money for inferior products do they really care about your success as much as you’re worried bout theirs?
That goes for all gun companies, car companies, optics companies, etc etc etc. They should stop the bs and make good stuff again. Look at all the gun manufacturers sending their garbage overseas. Nothing but recalls on many guns lately.  (Yet Browning who is made unfortunately overseas never has a bad product, same for many European guns.)
Imo we should not blindly hope a company succeeds. We should hope THEY plan on their success by putting out a quality product at a fair price.

There is some truth to your comments, to a degree however.  Remington is at least making attempts at improving their quality and quality control and customer service.  I have bought several newer Remingtons that have been excellent, and will buy the Turkey Pro when it comes out.  I have an older Remington 700 that did have a small issue and it was addressed quickly and professionally. 

I wish I could say the same for Browning, who arguably has the worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with. Even worse than Beretta!  They are rude on the phone and dismissive and I personally would never buy another Browning product.  My buddy had a firearms training company and had gotten Browning products at a deep discount.  He was kind enough to pass those discounts on to his friends.  I had bought a 725 Sporting with adjustable comb, a BT99 and a Maxus.  Every one of them has had major problems.  Almost every gun that my buddies have gotten have also been problematic! To say Browning has never had a bad product is the real BS. 

Every company can put out a turd and should be held accountable for their poor products and customer service.  I have owned guns from about every major firearms maker and some have had problems, and some have been flawless.  It seems however that Remington takes more crap than any other company.  As consumers, we shouldn’t be blindly following any company, and most assuredly we shouldn’t be blindly believing that Remington is the only company with problems.  Additionally, we shouldn’t blindly believe the people who trash them, most of whom have probably not dealt with them recently.

Offline Bigeclipse

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 01:04:15 PM »
I do not like the V3s short barrel. Does anyone know where that barrel study is on the net. It showed a significant loss of speed going from like a standard 26-38inch barrel down to a 20-22oinch turkey barrel. Enough to make it not worth it in my book. Something like 100-150fps less.