OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for some help,

Started by Robert Peak, October 17, 2018, 11:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Peak

I'm wanting to try my turning skills on a trumpet, and I need some basic info like what size hole in the mouth piece, {doesn't have to be exact just close, I'll tune as I go} and the size of the hole in the wood trumpet, also is the trumpet hole straight thru one size or does it taper? Not looking for any trade secrets, just a starting point. Thanks
Robert

CMBOSTC

Robert Peak

Thanks guys, that's perfect. Will let ya 'll know how it goes, going to start turning this weekend.

Robert

Robert Peak

One other question, are the mouth pcs. glue on or are they removable?

Robert

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Robert Peak on October 17, 2018, 04:34:38 PM

Robert
I know they make glue in and screw in. I believe the screw in are removable though I have not had one to confirm that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

gergg

Robert
You can do either, personally I prefer glue in, but screw in works fine too. For me it is better to get to know my trumpet with one mouthpiece and manipulate the sound based on experience with it, instead of multiple mouthpieces with various inner diameters.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Sir-diealot

Quote from: gergg on October 17, 2018, 07:13:54 PM

Robert
You can do either, personally I prefer glue in, but screw in works fine too. For me it is better to get to know my trumpet with one mouthpiece and manipulate the sound based on experience with it, instead of multiple mouthpieces with various inner diameters.
Are the screw in removable? I could see the benefit of interchangeable mouth pieces if somebody is having problems with one.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."