OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need gun advice

Started by Kates, October 16, 2018, 03:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kates

I'm wanting a new 12 and the requirements are light weight, pistol grip, drilled and tapped. Those who've been exposed to several brands, I sure could use some advice.

35ruger

Benelli SBE 2
7 lbs with a 24" barrel, drilled and tapped, pistol grip.
I found mine used in as new condition.

kwild835

I would look for a 21" M2 with pistol grip.  Matches your criteria well.

nyhunter

Fullfan

I know you said 12ga, none of my 12's will ever hunt again. With TSS and hand loads the 20ga has become a light weight killer.  Something to think about.
Don't gobble at me...

Greg Massey

Quote from: Fullfan on October 20, 2018, 08:41:07 AM
I know you said 12ga, none of my 12's will ever hunt again. With TSS and hand loads the 20ga has become a light weight killer.  Something to think about.
Agree, bypass the 12 and get you 20 gauge and you can thank us later ....

Spurs Up

If you are wanting a new lightweight 12 ga, then you should get a new lightweight 12 ga. If you are so inclined, you can shoot a lightweight 12 ga TSS load through it.  There are many variables, but much more often than not, a 12 ga shooting a load of equal weight to that of a 20 ga will outperform—by most measures—the 20 ga.

Kwild and NYhunter's recs are solid...

sixbird

Pricey, but hard to beat a Benelli...My only other recommendation would be a Browning A-5. You can put a cantilever base mount on it. They clamp onto the vent rib.They work just fine...

sixbird

Here's the mount...

Safariland
B-Square Universal Cantilever Mount-Ribs up to 3/8-Inch, Matte Black Finish
3.7 out of 5 stars 45 customer reviews
| 28 answered questions
Price:    $45.28 & FREE Shipping. Details
Only 11 left in stock (more on the way).
Want it Saturday, March 24? Choose Saturday Delivery at checkout. Details
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Includes rings
    One-piece base
    Fits universal cantilever to 3/8 inch
    Clamp to most shotgun vent rib barrels; rings not included
    No gunsmithing required
    Cantilevers over the receiver
    Works with Weaver style rings

New (3) from $45.28 & FREE shipping. Details

the Ward

What's your price range? Semi auto or pump? 3" or 3.5" chamber? Lots of great choices out there now. sx3 longbeard is a nice setup, no personal experience with one, but watched a lot of reviews and it worked well and fits your requirements. m2 benelli's are real nice, and come drilled and tapped and can use the steadygrip stocks. I hunt with a vinci with steadygrip and scope and love it. I also use a browning bps upland and it works very well with the short barrel and straight grip stock with truglow sights. Lot of choices out there!

Gobbler428

dirt road ninja

Quote from: nyhunter on October 18, 2018, 06:44:09 PM
Weatherby SA-459

Take a good look at these. Dollar for dollar, I'm not sure you can do any better.