turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need a gun 410 for the son

Started by Brizendine1234, October 14, 2018, 04:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brizendine1234

Looking for a good starter 410 and able to put a scope on it to thanks for the help

gobblergls

You've got a lot of choices, but  I'd recommend a red dot over a scope.  You didn't say how old your son is.   There are several choices in single-shots.  Yildiz, Midland and H&R Pardner Youth model and all are under $150.00.  The first two are hammerless.  Pumps are a little more expensive and more suitable for a scope, but a red dot is lighter and less cumbersome and works just fine for turkey ranges.   Mossberg makes a youth model that is relatively inexpensive and lightweight.   For a starter gun, a single-shot is what I recommend.  If you haven't already done so, go through this forum start to finish.  Gil

Greg Massey

I would get him a Mossberg pump, reason why he can grow with the pump and just because it will hold 3 shells doesn't mean you have to load it with 3 ... you will have a better trigger and safety on the pump.... Remington pump would also be a good choose , but will cost you a lot more ....  It would help to know the age of your son..

Brizendine1234

Hey guys thanks for the ideas sorry for not all the information my son is 6 

owlhoot

Quote from: Brizendine1234 on October 16, 2018, 05:24:18 PM
Hey guys thanks for the ideas sorry for not all the information my son is 6
Mossburg pump and a tripod rest and you are good to go .

Jstocks

I have a Hatfield that was set up by Sumtoy with screw in choke and Burris FF2 if you are interested.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer