turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Update on my friend

Started by Beretta686, April 25, 2011, 10:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beretta686

Thanks y'all for your thoughts and prayers a couple of weeks ago for my friend in Birmingham.

Have I seen improvements, yes, but very small. We have taken him pictures of turkey hunts, told turkey stories to him, and just read him some scripture. All just trying to cheer him up and motivate him. I have seen the highs and the lows, it is tough. He still can't talk, still has a feeding tube, but he understands and can communicate with head movement and hand signals from his good hand.

Last Wednesday night when I was there I saw a sign for a Church Service Thursday afternoon in the Spain rehab gym. I found his nurse on duty and told him to make sure Jim makes it to that Church service. I told them that would be the best therapy for him.

Like I said before Jim is strong Christian man and I know being in his condition is tough on him. I can only imagine what he thinks about each day without being able to speak, read, or write.

I have learned that the stroke was in the lower back right section of his brain. That is why he can understand what you say, but can not read and write. He is going through radiation treatments now and when I asked about his PET scan, he nods his head that they are clear. 

We both know we are not in control and there is a plan and a reason why, one day we will all know, but it has been a tough four and a half months.

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

Roostem33

I pray things keep getting better. Thanks for the update!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002

Thanks for the update.  We're praying  :jesus-cross:

turkey slayer

Keep us updated Prayers sent :jesus-cross: