OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Martin Brothers Chestnut Scratch box  (Read 5533 times)

Online ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Martin Brothers Chestnut Scratch box
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:28:25 PM »
I am fairly new to using scratch boxes I've only started using them a few years ago. I just picked up a Martin Brothers chestnut scratcher and it is awesome. This is now my new favorite scratcher. I don't see them mentioned here a lot and was curious to see if anyone else used one. I could not be happier this thing will really sing.

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Martin Brothers Chestnut Scratch box
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 07:50:30 PM »
If your happy that's what counts. Congrats!!

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 11:11:49 AM »
Never tried one of their scratchers. Bottom line is if your happy with it and play it well then you'll use it more for hunting. You could buy one of the top name custom calls but if it won't play for you then it sits in a box or drawer and never sees the woods. Sounds like you made a great choice and scratch boxes are fun to hunt with.

Offline Coroner01

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:33:05 PM »
I just purchased that same call used for 10 bucks.  Its my first scratch box.  I love the clear sharp sounds. I cannot believe after 20 years of chasing birds I didn't own one of these type calls.  I want more already

Offline owego

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
Here is a link on how to play one.     http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/little-big-mouth-scratch-box/

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »
Here is a link on how to play one.     http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/little-big-mouth-scratch-box/
Thanks for that link, added it to my calling list.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."