OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Where’s a good place for slate?

Started by thuber, September 01, 2018, 10:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thuber

I'm trying to make my first pot in a medium that I'm familiar with. I need a source for some slate so I can test it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mastevt

Chad Hutchinson on here will get ya handled.
Stumpyglassman@yahoo.com

TurkeyHunterML

There are several suppliers, just google turkey call supplys.  I get mine from Brookside, But I have heard excellent things about Stumpy and is a forum member and call maker so..... I will be giving him some business once I get my sound where I want.
Mike Lenga Calls (ML Calls)

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

thuber

It's starting to look more like a caller!

JLH

Looks like that could be polished to a glass like shine!

Very cool looking call

thuber

I tried flame polishing one of them and it rolled the square edges. I'm going to use some polishing compound and see how it turns out.

TurkeyHunterML

Sand the inside and paint the inside. That way can't scratch the color off? Maybe.
Mike Lenga Calls (ML Calls)

callmakerman

Polishing compound works well and can be bought from Ace Hardware. The bigger problem is finding a glue to hold your surface to the acrylic that will hold so the pot won't go dead.

thuber

Quote from: callmakerman on September 01, 2018, 11:39:37 PM
Polishing compound works well and can be bought from Ace Hardware. The bigger problem is finding a glue to hold your surface to the acrylic that will hold so the pot won't go dead.
Do you have any recommendations? Someone mentioned E6000? I would like to use a clear adhesive so that it won't show through the glass.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field