turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Painting

Started by HILBY72, August 10, 2018, 11:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HILBY72

I know several of you have camo painted your turkey killers, but have any of you ever used a sponge? I have a 1300 Black Shadow I am thinking about painting. Any pics for ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

RossAnderson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ross

ShootingABN!

roverboy

A sponge might work good to give a good paint pattern. Try it on something else first though.
Listen for the gobble

aclawrence

I sponged mine. Then I got a little too creative with some acrylic paint and a brush. Most of it came off lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverboy

I've got 2 that I've been meaning to paint. One is a Mossberg 500 that I bought new in '94, and its chipped in several places. The other is a Stevens 320 that is flat black. I'm gonna use a sponge and try and get a treebark pattern. I'll try and get a slightly different pattern on each one.
Listen for the gobble

HILBY72

I finally had a chance to finish my little project. This gun was handed down to me this past spring by my dad since he gave up hunting due to his age. Its a Winchester 1300 and I figured since dad always liked black firearms I would leave the forearm and stock black. I don't think it turned out too bad for my first time painting a gun.

ShootingABN!