OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tristar Viper G2  (Read 1801 times)

Offline pinebark

Tristar Viper G2
« on: August 30, 2018, 11:42:12 PM »
Just curious if anyone is shooting a Tristar Viper G2 or Cobra as their turkey setup.  If so, what choke/ shell combo shoots decent and how does the gun perform.

Offline Upfold99

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Tristar Viper G2
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:48:24 AM »
Shooting viper with sumtoy 562 and apex 9s.

40yd and 20yd. These are couple pics. I have it pretty consistent at 250/250 at 40.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline pinebark

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 12:22:16 AM »
Good looking numbers. Are you pleased with the fit/finish of the gun and does it have any issues cycling shells?

Offline Upfold99

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 07:49:51 AM »
I did alot of research on the gun before purchasing. I got it strictly to turkey hunt and run tss in it. For the money its hard to beat.

I put a box of high brass duck loads through it to break it in. Then I bought the cheapest slowest things i could find. It cycled them, but did not eject each one. It jammed on about every 4th shot. However, the best of autos will do the same. The wife put 100 rounds of high brass 8s through it a few weeks ago shooting clays. It worked perfectly. I have cleaned it a few times and the internals look good. No issues with wear. It only has about 200 rds on it.

It did shoot low out of the box. I was able to correct with the required shims.

I would purchase again, without reservation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline pinebark

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 10:55:07 AM »
Thanks a bunch for the info. I shoot tss also and I'm looking for something to run it through that won't break the bank.