OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good/Best Wet Weather Strikers?

Started by Turkeytider, August 30, 2018, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeytider

Guys ( and gals, if any on the board! ), am interested in opinions on good wet weather strikers, particularly on plain aluminum. Appreciate any input.

Candyman

Turkeytider

Does Mike Yingling have a web site through which you can order? I haven`t found it, but that doesn`t mean he doesn`t  have one.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Browning87

Yingling fiber striker, I don't think he has a website but he does have Facebook and he's on here. He goes by M,Yingling

Brandon

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Bowguy

I have a yingling and an Enticer they're both great. The Enticer was very impressive. I've got his pot/striker I think it was called silver thunder extreme. He shows a video running it directly w a water faucet running on it and the call running perfect. It's no joke. First thing I did was run it in faucet. The pot/striker lived w me last season in case of rain

sbbow

Chris O

I have 2 wet weather pots a Yingling and a Brumfiel both are very good. Just to buy strikers I wouldn't be afraid of mystic wet weather 3 pack of stickers sold at MidWest turkey call. That all aluminum striker will surprise you on many different calls. I also really like the bigger around carbon shaft with a solid water proof tip it grips very well.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bowguy on August 31, 2018, 05:29:58 AM
I have a yingling and an Enticer they're both great. The Enticer was very impressive. I've got his pot/striker I think it was called silver thunder extreme. He shows a video running it directly w a water faucet running on it and the call running perfect. It's no joke. First thing I did was run it in faucet. The pot/striker lived w me last season in case of rain

I did the exact same thing with my Yingling on my Mad Super Crystal and they ran like a dream. Strikers have come a long way with new materials and all, you no longer need to bring a sandwich bag to run them when it is wet. Unless it has your sandwich in it :D

John Koenig:

Bowguy

Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 02, 2018, 11:42:38 AM

I did the exact same thing with my Yingling on my Mad Super Crystal and they ran like a dream. Strikers have come a long way with new materials and all, you no longer need to bring a sandwich bag to run them when it is wet. Unless it has your sandwich in it :D
Just a heads up. If the pot was made of wood I'd prob make sure it gets dry so the wood doesn't swell or crack.

roverboy

I used to have a acrylic, and a carbon but never tried them wet. Wondered how they would've done. My cousin wanted them and I let him have them a few years ago.
Listen for the gobble

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bowguy on September 02, 2018, 12:58:21 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on September 02, 2018, 11:42:38 AM

Just a heads up. If the pot was made of wood I'd prob make sure it gets dry so the wood doesn't swell or crack.
No worries but thanks for the heads up.

John Koenig: