OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Good/Best Wet Weather Strikers?  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
Good/Best Wet Weather Strikers?
« on: August 30, 2018, 09:17:23 AM »
Guys ( and gals, if any on the board! ), am interested in opinions on good wet weather strikers, particularly on plain aluminum. Appreciate any input.

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Good/Best Wet Weather Strikers?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 11:13:34 AM »
http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/strikers/516-carbon-tip-striker/

Online Candyman

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »
Yingling fiber rod striker!!!

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 12:11:50 PM »
Does Mike Yingling have a web site through which you can order? I haven`t found it, but that doesn`t mean he doesn`t  have one.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 10:03:32 PM »
Yingling fiber rod
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Browning87

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 10:34:41 PM »
Yingling fiber striker, I don’t think he has a website but he does have Facebook and he’s on here. He goes by M,Yingling

Brandon

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 11:50:15 PM »
Does Mike Yingling have a web site through which you can order? I haven`t found it, but that doesn`t mean he doesn`t  have one.
Here is his Facebroke page.
https://www.facebook.com/michael.yingling.142?fb_dtsg_ag=AdwF4lITHCi9exo548zcAtR5ltW6zkdpUWfEwkoAXi3DDQ%3AAdwAocvVf3RHOtXtf2pEvBmAbTB65-3rvZPCDgmEAkurGA
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 05:29:58 AM »
I have a yingling and an Enticer they’re both great. The Enticer was very impressive. I’ve got his pot/striker I think it was called silver thunder extreme. He shows a video running it directly w a water faucet running on it and the call running perfect. It’s no joke. First thing I did was run it in faucet. The pot/striker lived w me last season in case of rain

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 07:46:29 PM »
Yingling fiber rod striker!!!
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 09:32:53 AM »
I have 2 wet weather pots a Yingling and a Brumfiel both are very good. Just to buy strikers I wouldn’t be afraid of mystic wet weather 3 pack of stickers sold at MidWest turkey call. That all aluminum striker will surprise you on many different calls. I also really like the bigger around carbon shaft with a solid water proof tip it grips very well.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 11:42:38 AM »
I have a yingling and an Enticer they’re both great. The Enticer was very impressive. I’ve got his pot/striker I think it was called silver thunder extreme. He shows a video running it directly w a water faucet running on it and the call running perfect. It’s no joke. First thing I did was run it in faucet. The pot/striker lived w me last season in case of rain

I did the exact same thing with my Yingling on my Mad Super Crystal and they ran like a dream. Strikers have come a long way with new materials and all, you no longer need to bring a sandwich bag to run them when it is wet. Unless it has your sandwich in it :D

John Koenig:

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 12:58:21 PM »

I did the exact same thing with my Yingling on my Mad Super Crystal and they ran like a dream. Strikers have come a long way with new materials and all, you no longer need to bring a sandwich bag to run them when it is wet. Unless it has your sandwich in it :D
Just a heads up. If the pot was made of wood I’d prob make sure it gets dry so the wood doesn’t swell or crack.

Offline roverboy

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 07:11:51 PM »
I used to have a acrylic, and a carbon but never tried them wet. Wondered how they would've done. My cousin wanted them and I let him have them a few years ago.
Listen for the gobble

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 09:17:20 PM »

Just a heads up. If the pot was made of wood I’d prob make sure it gets dry so the wood doesn’t swell or crack.
No worries but thanks for the heads up.

John Koenig: