turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SX3 pistol grip options

Started by Turkeytaker203, August 27, 2018, 05:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeytaker203

I have a SX3 NWTF 12 gauge and I would love to put a pistol grip stock on it. Does anyone know if the Longbeard stock can be purchased from Winchester? Or does anyone know of a good aftermarket pistol grip stock? I have searched but can not find anything. Any help would be appreciated. I figured if anything was available, someone on Old Gobbler would know! Thanks.

Tail Feathers

I have one in 20 gauge with regular stock.  Bump to the top so I can watch this thread because I don't know if it's possible.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Turkeytaker203

Here's an update on my search for a pistol grip stock for my SX3 NWTF. I live less than two hours from the Browning/Winchester service center in Arnold, Missouri and I needed two parts for a SX3 Waterfowl Hunter. While I was there taking care of that I asked the parts person about buying a Longbeard stock through them. She checked and told me that the Longbeard stock is not available as a aftermarket item. To get a Longbeard stock I would need to buy the whole gun.
So I have another idea. If this pans out, and I think it will, I'll post that result for those interested. For me this is just a nice to have item, but I like the pursuit and I love working with my shotguns.

BUC182

KyScott

Quote from: Turkeytaker203 on December 14, 2018, 11:08:16 AM
Here's an update on my search for a pistol grip stock for my SX3 NWTF. I live less than two hours from the Browning/Winchester service center in Arnold, Missouri and I needed two parts for a SX3 Waterfowl Hunter. While I was there taking care of that I asked the parts person about buying a Longbeard stock through them. She checked and told me that the Longbeard stock is not available as a aftermarket item. To get a Longbeard stock I would need to buy the whole gun.
So I have another idea. If this pans out, and I think it will, I'll post that result for those interested. For me this is just a nice to have item, but I like the pursuit and I love working with my shotguns.

BUC182

Curious if your plan worked out because I have an SX2 that I'm thinking of putting a different stock on. I'm thinking about trying to modify a shurshot 11-87 stock for it.

Turkeytaker203

I had the same idea, trying a Shurshot stock, however, I was shooting clays in my field with a friend. He has deep pockets when it comes to money. We were shooting a couple of my other SX3's and he really like them. I told him about my NWTF. We went back to the house and I showed him the gun. He asked if I wanted to sell it and what I wanted for it. I priced it, he smiled and went to his truck. He came back with the cash. So now I will be ordering a SX3 Longbeard. Problem solved but not how I expected.