OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: INERTIA DRIVEN AUTO LOADING 20 GAUGES  (Read 1774 times)

Offline macobb

INERTIA DRIVEN AUTO LOADING 20 GAUGES
« on: August 21, 2018, 01:55:18 AM »
I am looking into a new 20 gauge for this season. I definitely want it to be an auto loaded inertia driven gun. I am specifically looking for any experience on the Stoger M3020 Compact and/or Franchi Affinity Compact 20. I am open to any info on a comparable gun as long as it’s an inertia driven auto loader. Would like to hear any info on the two mentioned good or bad, what chokes you’re using in them, what loads you’re using (TSS preferably). Any help appreciated
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

Offline PharmHunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: INERTIA DRIVEN AUTO LOADING 20 GAUGES
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:55:53 AM »
Of the two mentioned, I would personally recommend Franchi over Stoeger everyday of the week.  Personal and friend's experience with issues turned me off from stoeger several years ago.  I've never had an issue with a Franchi I own.  I'd personally prefer a M2 over both if you were looking to spend a little more.

Offline Twodogs

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »
 :TrainWreck1:
Of the two mentioned, I would personally recommend Franchi over Stoeger everyday of the week.  Personal and friend's experience with issues turned me off from stoeger several years ago.  I've never had an issue with a Franchi I own.  I'd personally prefer a M2 over both if you were looking to spend a little more.

X2 on all accounts.

Offline dms2511

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 08:23:48 PM »
I have no experience with the Franchi, but I purchased the Stoeger 3020 for my son last year to be used as a multipurpose shotgun. We have had good experiences with the Stoeger and have found it to be very reliable. Trigger is a bit stiff for my liking, but certainly serviceable and a good pull weight for my son.

Offline kwild835

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 10:03:53 AM »
For turkey only I would pick the Stoeger 3020.  It doesn't have to be the finest autoloading gun to kill turkeys.
If I was going to use it multi-purpose I would go with the slightly more refined Affinity. 
The difference between the Affinity and the M2 are minimal, except in price.  I have had them both.

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 12:06:00 AM »
Definitely go with the Franchi Affinity.

Offline surehuntsalot

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Mendenhall,Mississippi
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 10:37:43 PM »
I have one of the Stoeger 3020's and really love it, got the Longbeard .568 choke and using Longbeards #6's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase