OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Warning: Turkey Hunting is Addictive.

Started by TurkeyHunterML, August 20, 2018, 09:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpaholic

Yes it addictive.  And so is call collecting not to mention expensive

TurkeyHunterML

Quote from: yelpaholic on August 24, 2018, 09:35:24 AM
Yes it addictive.  And so is call collecting not to mention expensive

Tell me about it. At one time I was collecting calls and some really old Lynch Boxes, a couple of odd scratch boxes, and long box calls. I was moving often due to work so I sold them (way under value because I was poor). I wish I had not.  I can say this, this lid call is growing on me for some reason. When I play it outside and work with the pressure I apply and where I hold it, it really changes the sound, even more so than any of my other calls. I just finished these two (2) calls and they sound awesome.
Mike Lenga Calls (ML Calls)

mastevt

I made a couple 3in calls using the lids last year.  Just playing around.  This one is glass.  The other one I made in slate.  Both sound good.  Differant, but good.  Sold the slate to a guy, who used it to kill several birds.  He loved it.  Said the birds did too.  This one was made from Ash.

TurkeyHunterML

TurkeyHunterML

As an update. I made another lid call and paired it with a striker I had made early on. After a few strikers I found one for each of the calls that really sounded good. I took the calls to a local Hunter's Appreciation craft fair and sold both right out of the gate.