OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sound File - Travis Wyatt - 4 Trumpets  (Read 2599 times)

Online twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Sound File - Travis Wyatt - 4 Trumpets
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 06:42:22 AM »
Travis is sending me a few calls to try for feedback. I can't wait to give them a try. I usually like them a little on the high end and I thought you did a good job Gregg. Now, I just have to learn how to do a soundfile, lol.

Well, I got Travis' call in the mail Thursday. The very first thing I noticed was that the pictures, as good as they are, do not do the beauty of his calls justice. Very nice craftsmanship, fit and finish is excellent clear down to the machined brass ferrule.

I really wish I knew how to do a sound file because they played great. I do like yelpers a little on the higher pitched side and these things whistled with ease and they also rolled over nicely. I also found them very easy to get a lower pitch by loosening up my lips and making a little bigger sound chamber with my hands.

I got to be honest that I was pretty surprised at his calls for having not been making them long. They are "right there" with any of a number of my favorite yelpers. They are absolute turkey killers without a doubt.  If Travis sticks at it, I believe we'll be hearing much more about his calls.

That's just my humble opinion.

Thanks Tony!

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
Re: Sound File - Travis Wyatt - 4 Trumpets
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2018, 06:52:06 AM »
Hey, thank you for letting me run your calls. I doubt there's many on here that would ever pass up a chance to play with turkey calls, lol !  ;D