turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sumtoy built 20

Started by edward.penny, April 14, 2019, 12:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edward.penny

Who all shoots a 20ga that was built by William at Sumtoy? I have one I had him build and am going to shoots some loads today if the rain will hold off. I have a bunch of lead shells and a couple Magblends. What have you found to work best with his chokes?

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

edward.penny

This is the best 30 yard pattern today. I will use it till I run out of this ammo.

howl

Looks nice, but I wouldn't necessarily depend on it to 40. Patterns fall apart fast. Check it at the furthest distance you might shoot.

3bailey3

edward.penny

Quote from: 3bailey3 on April 16, 2019, 10:19:13 PM
sumtoy 562 at 40 yards
What shell were you using?

3bailey3

Daddy rat

I shoot his 562/with 1 5/8oz of #9 hand loads &  it will kill them all day long at 50yds...  I've seen one died at 62yds with same gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobblergls

See http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,26715.0.html

Two Baikal MP18 20's built by Sumtoy are featured above.  Both shoot the .5625.  They perform great with several handloads.  Patterns are shown at above link.  Gil

Yoder409

Two of our NEF Pardners................mine and my younger daughter's..........have been through William's shop.  Both have been given identical treatments.  Both wear .562-5 tubes.  Mine averages right in the 135 area and hers 150 in the 10" at 40 yards with Federal Heavyweight 7's. 

This is from hers:

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.