turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 gauge CVA pattern

Started by tnanh, August 15, 2018, 12:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnanh

20 gauge CVA Hunter with barrel cut to 20 inches and Sumtoy 562-5 choke. Heavy 13 #7 at lasered 40 yards. Needs some tweaking but very happy with the pattern. Gun weighs 4.8 pounds with FFIII installed. 138 in the circle.

nyhunter

:icon_thumright:, perfect hunting pattern. No need to fix anything but your POA/POI

tnanh

ljmelea

Quote from: tnanh on August 15, 2018, 12:23:49 PM
20 gauge CVA Hunter with barrel cut to 20 inches and Sumtoy 562-5 choke. Heavy 13 #7 at lasered 40 yards. Needs some tweaking but very happy with the pattern. Gun weighs 4.8 pounds with FFIII installed. 138 in the circle.
Can't go wrong with Sum Toys Custom,best chokes you can buy.
good luck

chatterbox

Quote from: ljmelea on March 07, 2019, 09:25:43 AM
Quote from: tnanh on August 15, 2018, 12:23:49 PM
Can't go wrong with Sum Toys Custom,best chokes you can buy.
Exactly!

edward.penny

Nice pattern. I have some of those shells and haven't even tried them.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

ljmelea

I too love this little gun.These old mnt birds in Idaho live in some steep places,nice lite little gun,but it packs a punch.good luck Larry
good luck

tnanh

Haven't hunted as much as I would have liked this year but this is the only gun I have carried. Barely even realize I have it on my shoulder. Out of about five hunts I have blown it on about three birds. Have not shot a bird with it yet. Have about six days left to try. I have several Sum toy chokes and have been very happy with all of them and all of his custom work. Will not send a turkey gun to anyone else.

surehuntsalot

good looking pattern, think it might get some birds with that
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Reloader