OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hello from Arkansas  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Fdept56

Hello from Arkansas
« on: August 04, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »
Hi everyone,

I’m from northeast Arkansas but have started doing some traveling to hunt these crazy birds we all love. I’ve always enjoyed turkey hunting more than any other kind of hunting, but the addiction has really set in this past year. Usually by now I am completely focused on deer but I’m very seriously considering buying a fall turkey license for a neighboring state (Arkansas doesn’t have a fall season) and forgetting about the deer. Just wanted to say I’m happy to find a group of like minded individuals that share the same passion!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Hello from Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »
Welcome to the site and to the addiction. I have yet to fall hunt turkey, but hope to try this year. Turkey is my favorite hunting as well followed not far behind by bow hunting. I hope to combine this two by next Spring.

I have been through your state a few times, very pretty. Broke down there once on my way with friends to Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX to watch my best friend graduate Air Force boot camp and had some very nice fellow ham radio operators come to our rescue after contacting them on the radio. There are some very nice people down there. We were all from NY by the way so we knew nobody in the area.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Gawhitaker

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:22:55 PM »
Welcome from a fellow Arkie, i’m down in the SE. corner
 :welcomeOG:

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 01:32:51 PM »
Welcome to O.G. from Indiana!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline mgm1955

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
 :welcomeOG: :welcomeOG: :welcomeOG: